Tirrell Rennie over Steele Jantz?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Andy Garmin on "Out of Bounds" just said he thinks Rennie could play for ISU. I take that as he thinks Rennie would start over Steele. That sounds a little over the top. I don't think Rennie is a Big 12 QB or even has the arm talent to be one. Don't get me wrong, Rennie is FAST. I just don't think he has the arm to even compete with Steele.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Dude, with your track record I don't think it's wise to start threads with titles like this. A lot of posters will immediately assume that you've given up on Jantz.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Dude, with your track record I don't think it's wise to start threads with titles like this. A lot of posters will immediately assume that you've given up on Jantz.
Well to get that out of the way. I have a man crush on Jantz. They know that.

C

CyBer

He knows the right direction, no matter where you are in the world.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Andy Garmin on "Out of Bounds" just said he thinks Rennie could play for ISU. I take that as he thinks Rennie would start over Steele. That sounds a little over the top. I don't think Rennie is a Big 12 QB or even has the arm talent to be one. Don't get me wrong, Rennie is FAST. I just don't think he has the arm to even compete with Steele.

Anybody else get a good laugh out of this?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Coming out of ellsworth two years ago, we had every opportunity to get this guy and passed on him. Whether it be good or bad. I bet he was better than JT last year.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Coming out of ellsworth two years ago, we had every opportunity to get this guy and passed on him. Whether it be good or bad. I bet he was better than JT last year.
I would most definitely want to have Rennie over Tiller. Tiller never could make people miss with his feet. He was only fast out in the open.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
To the original question...
I think Rennie is talented enough to play at ISU, but I don't think he'd start at QB. He'd probably make an excellent slot reciever or DB (if strong enough).

I also don't assume that Garmin is asserting that Rennie would start over Steele, just that he has enough talent to play at ISU. He'd make a decent backup QB and could deffinitely run the read option. Steele has shown enough talent that it might be safe to assume that even the stupidest of local media wouldn't seriously think that Rennie would start over Steele at ISU. It might also just be Garmin trying to make a sensational claim to try and get people to pay attention.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

Does Garmin think Rennie could play for Iowa?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Rennie is completing about 56% of his passes this year at the FCS level. 5 TD/No INTs.
800+ yards. He's primarily a runner. Nearly 500 yards rushing on the season.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Not a chance.. Steele is my guy, our guy, ISUs guy.. hes a stud, and i wouldnt trade him for anyone...

I love this team... they give 100% every play and have talent. im looking for all out effort on every down. love this team.

ps steele is way better than Rennie.. not even close.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that he'd make a good slot WR and Wildcat QB. Starting QB? No way. We'd see 9 man fronts every game.

cyhawk55

Sep 9, 2011
To add a twist to this thread it seems like the concensus is that Rennie wouldn't make it at Iowa State but what if we hired their offensive coordinator? UNI's offense is so diverse in what they do it is very difficult for other teams to stop because they do so many things.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron