National Anthem

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I know this has been discussed before, but why can't singers just sing the National Anthem like it is written. I was watching the pregame to the ALCS when Aretha Franklin came out to sing the National Anthem. I was thinking that this was going to be a good rendition of the song because she has a beautiful voice. As soon as the background music started up though, I knew I was my ears were going to start bleeding because it was just going to be bad! Don't get me wrong, the singing was great, if it was a normal song, but not for the National Anthem.

So, why can't singers just sing it correctly?

End of rant...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
There's an episode of "American Dad" that revolves around this very issue. The episode parodies films like First Blood and Platoon.

Just sayin, you might want to punch up your post with some movie references and hilarious sight gags. You might get more views

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I agree. Speaking of the national anthem, the US crowd could be heard loudly singing it before the start of the game vs. Ecuador tonight and it gave me the chills. I don't understand why this isn't always the case. I love seeing the players sing along before a game. Unfortunately, they lost the game 1-0 tonight.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
I agree. Speaking of the national anthem, the US crowd could be heard loudly singing it before the start of the game vs. Ecuador tonight and it gave me the chills. I don't understand why this isn't always the case. I love seeing the players sing along before a game. Unfortunately, they lost the game 1-0 tonight.

You could also notice the crowd tempo and the singer's tempo were quite different