Iowa State vs TCU History

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
So with the addition of TCU, how do we historically go up against them in all of the athletics that we participate in?

In football we are 0-3 against them with the most recent loss coming in the 2005 Houston Bowl, the other two losses occurred in the 1990s and were against a winning-record team in TCU.

Have we ever played them in basketball?

It would appear the other sports we will go against them include: Volleyball, Cross County, Golf, Women's Soccer, Swimming/Diving & Tennis.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
ISU WBB was nice enough to answer my question via Facebook:

Iowa State is 2-0 all-time against TCU in Women's hoops, including a 64-59 win over the Horned Frogs last season at the Paradise Jam.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
First off, they need to stop doing that stupid "horned frog" hand signal. During the Houston Bowl we gave them a lot of crap for it. It looks like they are trying to make 2 nubbed fingers and give us the peace sign.
011.JPG

H

Hugs4ISU

I do remember them totally blowing us away in MBB, in Fizer's first year. Billy Tubbs was the coach then, and he had a really good team.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Like Brunsy said during the radio show this weekend, every team in Texas needs a hand sign!

First off, they need to stop doing that stupid "horned frog" hand signal. During the Houston Bowl we gave them a lot of crap for it. It looks like they are trying to make 2 nubbed fingers and give us the peace sign.
011.JPG

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
In football we played them in 1998, down at their place I think. We lost. They were just emerging as a solid football team.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
011.JPG

This is why i was hoping for a Wichita State invite.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I remember playing them in MBB in the early/middle Johnny Orr days. Thinking about maybe 84/85? ISU lost to them. I remember being in FL on vacation and looking high and low for the results and remembering the disappointment. Amazing how the losses just linger on in your memories..

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
So with the addition of TCU, how do we historically go up against them in all of the athletics that we participate in?

In football we are 0-3 against them with the most recent loss coming in the 2005 Houston Bowl, the other two losses occurred in the 1990s and were against a winning-record team in TCU.

Also known as the Jason Berryman game. He had something like 6 sacks and was all over the field. The loss was tough to swallow, but I won't forget how Cyclone fans in the parking lot following the game were so excited for 3 more years of JB. Of course in typical Cyclone fashion, things went downhill very quicly from there.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
011.JPG

I remember watching the Baylor TCU game at the beginning of the year wondering which hand symbol was stupider. I lol'd for a lot of that game.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I think the first football game I ever remember watching and actually caring about was us playing them in the Houston Bowl. Tough loss

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Also known as the Jason Berryman game. He had something like 6 sacks and was all over the field. The loss was tough to swallow, but I won't forget how Cyclone fans in the parking lot following the game were so excited for 3 more years of JB. Of course in typical Cyclone fashion, things went downhill very quicly from there.
I thought that was his senior year? :confused:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I think the first football game I ever remember watching and actually caring about was us playing them in the Houston Bowl. Tough loss

Wow - welcome to the Cyclone world. I was at that game.

Kinda unusual, but the TCU fans were rather smug.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron