Why even have replay?

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I'm not one to blast the refs normally, but how in the world can they REVERSE those two calls. Griffin was obviously pulling the ball back in and it slipped out. That is clearly a fumble and results in no turnover and then a TD for Baylor. I'm just at a loss with the Big12 replay officials in our games. It's getting ridiculous.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It seems replay officials have taken it unto themselves to make not just calls with irrefutable video evidence, but to make their best guess on calls too.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Even though Woody was down IMO, there is NO way you can overturn that call with that video.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
However much it sucks...that was the right call on the Griffin "fumble". There is no tuck rule in College and while it was obvious he was doing a pump fake, the arm was moving forward and thus an incomplete pass.

The Woody overrule was ridiculous. Should have been a TD...luckily we still got it.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
However much it sucks...that was the right call on the Griffin "fumble". There is no tuck rule in College and while it was obvious he was doing a pump fake, the arm was moving forward and thus an incomplete pass.

The Woody overrule was ridiculous. Should have been a TD...luckily we still got it.

Should it have been intentional grounding then?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Do you even understand what the tuck rule is? The tuck rule is what MAKES that an incomplete pass. College doesn't have it - therefore it should have been a fumble.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
There was also that review in the UCONN game. UCONN guy was clearly down at the 2 and that was what was called on the field. Then they review it and give him the touchdown. Worst call I've ever seen. I have no idea what they are looking at.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
That was one of the more obvious fumbles that I've ever seen. Horrible job by the refs and replay officials on that one. He was clearly trying to bring it back in, and hauled *** after the ball when he dropped it.

He lost the ball because he pump faked it...thus a forward arm motion. While it was obvious he wasn't trying to pass, it was the correct call per the rulebook.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

That I can buy. If that's the rule in CFB, I can deal with that.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The ball went mostly down, it looked like he was moving the ball down to me, he already moved it forward, and decided to not let it go.

Fumble. B12 ref @$$rape us, bisnatch as usual.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa

YOu are right, therer is not Tuck rule in college. Therefore, because he was pulling the football down it should have been a fumble. The Tuck rule would have made it not a fumble.

He was not hit or under major duress. He has a 80% completion rate. He doesn't "throw" the ball into the ground. He was trying to recoil and, therefore, it was a fumble.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron