Aggies going to pay 28 million?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
They aren't paying us the $28 million. And the FOF is being paid for with bonds and AD revenues.

C

CyBer

Yeah I hope it didn't come across as them paying Iowa State.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Assuming Mizzou leaves and pays the same, which might be a little optimistic, but let me assume. That would be $56,000,000. Now I would think that would go to the remaining 8 members of the orginal B12 conference that would be $7,000,000 per team.

So if aTm is leaving and paying this we will receive between $3.5 and $7 million. That pays for a lot of yoga pants my friends, a lot of yoga pants.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Assuming Mizzou leaves and pays the same, which might be a little optimistic, but let me assume. That would be $56,000,000. Now I would think that would go to the remaining 8 members of the orginal B12 conference that would be $7,000,000 per team.

So if aTm is leaving and paying this we will receive between $3.5 and $7 million. That pays for a lot of yoga pants my friends, a lot of yoga pants.
Hmm, my first thought w/ this is, OK, so that's $56M for Tx, OU, OSU, and Tech, right, and $0M for the rest of the Big 12. That's what happened when kNU and CU left, right? (sarcasm pirate here, but not really).

I know it's one or two years later, but? A lot of good, giving the buyout $ did us then. Everyone stayed happy for about 1 year.

IMO, TX, aggie, OU, OSU, Tech (I'm assuming these are the 5 that got the NU/CU buyout, am I right?) should be giving that $ (whatever it was) to the rest of the Big 12 members, equally. I know this won't happen probably, but sheesh! This conference is so dysfunctional.

That said, I hope Mizzou stays. But from many points of view, I can understand what they are up to.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Hmm, my first thought w/ this is, OK, so that's $56M for Tx, OU, OSU, and Tech, right, and $0M for the rest of the Big 12. That's what happened when kNU and CU left, right? (sarcasm pirate here, but not really).

I know it's one or two years later, but? A lot of good, giving the buyout $ did us then. Everyone stayed happy for about 1 year.

IMO, TX, aggie, OU, OSU, Tech (I'm assuming these are the 5 that got the NU/CU buyout, am I right?) should be giving that $ (whatever it was) to the rest of the Big 12 members, equally. I know this won't happen probably, but sheesh! This conference is so dysfunctional.

That said, I hope Mizzou stays. But from many points of view, I can understand what they are up to.

Your assumption is wrong. A&M is the only one that wanted to make sure they got money to reach the $20 mil threshold.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net

Man nothing you say has any basis in reality. It's amazing how perception becomes reality for some people.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We could get golden yoga pants.

With our luck we'd order the yoga pants and they'd send zuba pants instead.

43-51720-J.jpg

Everyone would be wearing them, not just the pep band at basketball games.(Shudder)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Man nothing you say has any basis in reality. It's amazing how perception becomes reality for some people.
OK, sorry. I'm not sure how that all shook out w/ the exit fees for NU & CU. I seem to remember $10M each ($20M) and we didn't get any of it. I thought it was split between TX, OU, Tech, OSU ahd A&M. I guess I was wrong. Where did that exit money go to again? Did it all go to A&M? If so, they'll be giving it back right?

Somebody help me if I'm wrong.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I seem to remember some sort of deal where the CU and NU exit fees were held in essentially escrow to make up the difference between A&M's tv money and the promised $20mil. So, if they would have made $18mil in tv revenues this year, $2mil would come from this stash. If that is indeed true, then I don't think that aggie would have that yet.