Why not (Insert Hilarious School Suggestion)?

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Strike in the heart of B1G country and get a very tough team. Texas and OU HAVE to play them late in the season...in Toledo...every year.

It would be great for Ohio recruiting which is way better in quantity than Louisiana and the B1G started all this ****, so there's that.

Of course, most want to tailgate in New Orleans instead of Toledo - who knew??

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Strike in the heart of B1G country and get a very tough team. Texas and OU HAVE to play them late in the season...in Toledo...every year.

It would be great for Ohio recruiting which is way better in quantity than Louisiana and the B1G started all this ****, so there's that.

Of course, most want to tailgate in New Orleans instead of Toledo - who knew??

................really?

If we are getting an Ohio team it will be Cincinnati.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I would love for Florida A&M to join the Big 12. This would be huge in terms of recruiting in Florida. Also just think of the TV market that we would get form the entire state because of how much everyone there follows Florida A&M. This is what our conference needs!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
University_of_Toledo_Glass_Bowl_uto2_large.jpg

Capacity 26,248

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Well, at least we wouldn't be the ones being accused of having a high school stadium...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think I'll start a thread about Kent State.

And then another about Bowling Green... Oh wait I don't need the credits..

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX

Only if Tulane is a :jimlad:.....well, yeah, yeah, I think it's probably gotta almost definitely be a :jimlad:. Damn the injustice of Sinsanasty over blue collar Toledo. Damn it all.

Edit: OK, show me a picture and stadium capacity for Tulane for comparison shopping. I like to get a good deal.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Only if Tulane is a :jimlad:.....well, yeah, yeah, I think it's probably gotta almost definitely be a :jimlad:. Damn the injustice of Sinsanasty over blue collar Toledo. Damn it all.

Edit: OK, show me a picture and stadium capacity for Tulane for comparison shopping. I like to get a good deal.

Tulane I believe plays home games in the Superdome. Advantage Tulane.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Holy Crap-poly! Tulane plays in the Louisiana Superdome and home of the Sugar Bowl. Sign them up now!

76,468 drunken vomiting Bourbon Street fans -- can you say sweet as sugar and as Saintly as New Orleans football?

Beam me up Scottie, I've had one too many Hurricanes...No not the real ones Mr. Spock, the alcoholic equivalent...Mr. Spock, I need an airbag...

Texas would sell that place out every year and get recruiting into SEC territory to offset SEC getting into Texas territory. Maybe some of the other southern schools would sell it out also.

ISU needs to get a permanent away game there in December for recruiting advantages. Right up until Tulane beats ISU, then might have to stop that ****.

Just in case you don't know what the Superdome looks like from Katrina coverage, here's a linky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Superdome

Last edited:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Re: Why isn't Kirkwood getting any looks for the Big 12?

You mean the place Hawkeye fans go when they arn't smart enough to get into Iowa?

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
I would love for Florida A&M to join the Big 12. This would be huge in terms of recruiting in Florida. Also just think of the TV market that we would get form the entire state because of how much everyone there follows Florida A&M. This is what our conference needs!

This! Plus it gets us another 'A&M' which the Big 12 is now lacking.

Help Support Us

Become a patron