Red River

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
I have a feeling Texas will get absolutely throttled by OU next week.

Texas beat us soundly, but OU won't shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly early. I wasn't all that impressed with the Texas offense. We gave them short fields and they capitalized, but when they have to have either of those QBs drive the field against OU, it won't be pretty. OU seems to have their problems as well, but they will beat Texas soundly.

I'm not looking forward to our game at OU...or at Baylor for that matter...

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I agree. OU will not make the same mistakes that our team made/makes. Texas will be forced to drive the length of the field to score, and I don't think they'll be able to do that consistently against OU's defense.

And yes, OU is going to absolutely drill us. It could be more embarrassing than last year's loss to them, though that will be a tough feat to accomplish.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I pretty much agree with the OP, the worst part about it, unless we start winning games again, it's just going to make us look all that much worse.

BuddyLufkin

Sep 28, 2011
Washington DC
So Mizzou, a team that was played close by Miami-Ohio, could stay within 10 points of OU in Norman but Texas, who has finished in the top 3 of the country 2 of the past 3 seasons, will get blown out on a neutral field?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So Mizzou, a team that was played close by Miami-Ohio, could stay within 10 points of OU in Norman but Texas, who has finished in the top 3 of the country 2 of the past 3 seasons, will get blown out on a neutral field?

Rivalry game....throw the stupid stats, rankings, and opponent comparatives out the window.

And you are correct, they will get blown out.

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
I actually think it will be a pretty good game, but I think OU will win by 10-14 points

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think the people that are predicting a massive blowout have a very short memory. Last years 5-7 Texas team hung with Oklahoma the whole game and it wasn't over until a minute and a half left in the game when the Texas returner muffed the punt return. Only ended as an 8 point win for OU. I really think this one will be close again.

Wardecker

Oct 13, 2007
I think Texas loses, but, a weak Longhorn team hung in with the Sooners pretty well last year so there is a possibility ...

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I think Texas loses, but, a weak Longhorn team hung in with the Sooners pretty well last year so there is a possibility ...

Please

OU needs a statement to get their mojo back with the pollsters. They might not beat them 65-13 again, but it will be pretty decisive,

Interesting post.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I think Vegas has it right, about a 10 point game.

OU is a little over-rated.

Texas getting the BSU offensive coordinator was big for them, they showed a lot of wrinkles against ISU that UT never would have done before. I would guess that they have a lot more for OU.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
I have a feeling Texas will get absolutely throttled by OU next week.

Texas beat us soundly, but OU won't shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly early. I wasn't all that impressed with the Texas offense. We gave them short fields and they capitalized, but when they have to have either of those QBs drive the field against OU, it won't be pretty. OU seems to have their problems as well, but they will beat Texas soundly.

I'm not looking forward to our game at OU...or at Baylor for that matter...

I'd say we had just as much, if not more, to do with our demise against TX as TX did. And is why I agree that OU will destroy them.

ISUAlum2002 hit the nail on the head. I'll also add that if we continue with the stupid mistakes there is plenty reason to believe every team left on the schedule will drill us.

The potential this team has vs. the mistakes is driving me nuts!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

You want to come back in here and tell us all how little we know about Big 12 football and rivalries again?