Confrence Realignment...why ISU matters by Paul Shirley

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Paul Shirley might not be the most likable ISU alum to get famous, but he is certainly the smartest and most eloquent, at least in writing.

Good stuff by Paul, and I hadn't seen it from angle yet.

C

CyBer

He makes points, but most of them aren't very good ones (at least not from an ESPN standpoint). Though I do like what he is trying to say.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Paul Shirley might not be the most likable ISU alum to get famous, but he is certainly the smartest and most eloquent, at least in writing.

Good stuff by Paul, and I hadn't seen it from angle yet.

I agree that it comes at from a totally different perspective than anything else I've seen. It's nice to read something from him that isn't dripping with sarcasm and contempt toward his alma mater.

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Always enjoy reading Paul Shirley's stuff. You know he won't feed you and BS and speaks what some others are afraid of doing. You can tell just how smart he is by reading some of his articles. Good Stuff, thanks for posting.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Good job Paul Shirley!

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
What does Paul Shirley do for a living? I can't imagine his bball and writing money has kept him afloat.

Oh and I liked his blog, he is talented.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I largely agree with what he is saying. It's the same argument that many have made as to why UT and OU are better off in the B12, he just uses it to focus on ISU. That is, if you formulate "super conferences" with all of the best teams winning percentages are going to go down lower than at least some of those schools would like.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Good article. I agree. The lust for money is about to kill the only genuine level of sport that we have (aside from high school, etc). I have very little passion for anything other than college sports, because the money is first and foremost in every professional sport, and it shows, regardless of how they try to cover over it.

But it's the pros, and it's a business, so I tolerate that. Grubbing for cash at this level is something far worse, and it's stain shows up far worse beside the relative purity of the collegiate game.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Good article. I agree. The lust for money is about to kill the only genuine level of sport that we have (aside from high school, etc). I have very little passion for anything other than college sports, because the money is first and foremost in every professional sport, and it shows, regardless of how they try to cover over it.

But it's the pros, and it's a business, so I tolerate that. Grubbing for cash at this level is something far worse, and it's stain shows up far worse beside the relative purity of the collegiate game.

Well said!

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Good article, minus his shot at ISU towards the end. When will he realize he never had a shot to be a decent NBA player?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron