The moment I quit trying to care

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
The TD right after LJ's bonehead move. At that point, I knew that tonight was not the night.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Yep. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was hoping the ref missed it while spotting the ball, but that wasn't to be. Give credit to Texas for taking a shot right after.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I hope he is not hurt bad. But, I thought he'd have matured enough from that UNLV game 4 years ago to today. I have never been that disgusted in his behavior than I was with that head butt. Did he think no one was watching?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
most of our players were talking a lot of crap, especially benton, we understand that you made a great tackle or stop but god just walk away and celebrate with your teammates don't throw it in their face

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I hope he is not hurt bad. But, I thought he'd have matured enough from that UNLV game 4 years ago to today. I have never been that disgusted in his behavior than I was with that head butt. Did he think no one was watching?

Ugh, I couldn't believe I was watching it. My wife was ****** they threw the flag, I may be nuts, but knew that deserved a flag.

I hope by Gods good grace the guy is OK, but damn that really hurt us tonight. Fortunately for him it wasn't the only bonehead move of the evening.

Wardecker

Oct 13, 2007
I never stopped caring but after the punt block for a TD, I figured the game had gotten away from us.

LJ's dumb move seemed to inspire Texas

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Most of the people around me in Section B were complaining about the call, and they were probably not too happy with me continuing to tell them that it was the right call and a bonehead play by LJ. Just unreal to see the defense finally, FINALLY force a punt.....only to have one of our seniors do something stupid like that.

It was actually making me angry that fans around me were upset about the call.....it absolutely was the right call, and just stupidity on the part of our players. I'm just really tired of seeing stupid plays like that. Its too bad we don't have the depth at CB to send LJ to the showers, because that's where he belonged after that play.

Wardecker

Oct 13, 2007
Most of the people around me in Section B were complaining about the call, and they were probably not too happy with me continuing to tell them that it was the right call and a bonehead play by LJ. Just unreal to see the defense finally, FINALLY force a punt.....only to have one of our seniors do something stupid like that.

It was actually making me angry that fans around me were upset about the call.....it absolutely was the right call, and just stupidity on the part of our players. I'm just really tired of seeing stupid plays like that. Its too bad we don't have the depth at CB to send LJ to the showers, because that's where he belonged after that play.

Sadly, it was the right call. I was hoping for a minute that he was going to get away with it, alas, he did not. Posters here were divided over it, but, let's face it, it was D-U-M-B and it turned the game.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
That was the real back breaker. We had a chance before that to do the same thing we did in the first three games. After that boneheaded penalty and the TD, the game was over. With that penalty and the blocked punt, we basically turned the ball over five times tonight.

weeb2k1

Jun 10, 2010
Annapolis
That was the moment I lost it and finally turned off the game. I get way too emotionally involved with ISU football, and i wasn't going to continue torturing myself.

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
That's when I turned the TV off and had to walk away for a few minutes. I can't even remember the last time I turned a game off and stopped watching, but seeing our team continue to make the same mistakes got me really worked up and I was raging ****** by that point.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I saw the butt clear as day from my section. Knew that flag was coming immediately. IIRC Texas went straight after Jansen Watson on the very next play who was in the game cause LJ was yanked.

PDXCyclone

Jun 11, 2010
I truly believe LJ didn't mean to actually make contact with his helmet. I think he just got closer than he meant to and made contact...

That being said, he shouldn't have been talking trash and getting in his face to begin with so I think the flag was warranted.

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I truly believe LJ didn't mean to actually make contact with his helmet. I think he just got closer than he meant to and made contact...

That being said, he should have been talking trash and getting in his face to begin with so I think the flag was warranted.

He reared back and smacked the guy in the head. It was intentional and the dumbest thing I ever saw from a senior. Three strikes.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

That being said, he should have been talking trash and getting in his face to begin with so I think the flag was warranted.

This is how I saw it too. He was barking at Shipley at the same moment that Shipley was getting up from the ground and their helmets bumped. The head butt didn't look malicious to me. But like you said, it's not an issue if he's not barking at the other team in the first place.