CR Gazette this morning says Simon and Hollis to play tonight

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How much do you think Henry Simon and Duran Hollis will play tonight? I was excited to hear they will see some action. It sounded like this is the first game that Hollis was eligible to play in? I thought he was only supposed to miss the first two games?

Just excited to see what these guys might bring to the table.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'll be surprised if Hollis sees much time. Who knows on Simon. He will be very interesting to watch.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll be surprised if Hollis sees much time. Who knows on Simon. He will be very interesting to watch.

In the article, Woody makes the comment that if all 4 RB's each get 40 yds tonight, they'll total 160 yds on the ground, which wouldn't be too bad. So he must think that all 4 of them are going to get some playing time?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
In the article, Woody makes the comment that if all 4 RB's each get 40 yds tonight, they'll total 160 yds on the ground, which wouldn't be too bad. So he must think that all 4 of them are going to get some playing time?

Based on what I've seen so far this year, Woody's effectiveness has really taken a drop as a runner. SJ, JW, and now DH will be carrying the load.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure Hollis has played special teams in every game. He also lined up on offense during the Iowa game, but didn't get a carry. Rhoads said he wants to get him involved.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Based on what I've seen so far this year, Woody's effectiveness has really taken a drop as a runner. SJ, JW, and now DH will be carrying the load.

I agree. Don't know what the problem is with Woody. You could say that last year nobody was expecting him to get the ball and this year they are keying in on him. Unfortunately that wouldn't be true; last year he got the ball mostly in short yardage situations where by the end of the season everybody knew he was going to get it and smash it down your throat. They knew it and couldn't stop it. This year he barely gets past the line of scrimmage and when he gets hit, he goes down. Not productive at all. I don't know how long you continue to give him chances when others (White) are a lot more productive.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
If Hollis plays, I hope they play him early. It is hard for a young player to sit for a long time and then go in and match the speed and tempo of the game. If he knows the exact time he is going in, like in the first 15 plays, if they ****** them and he knows the formation and play he will be running that might help.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He has fumbled what? Once? Whoopidy do. Okay if you don't trust Shontrelle..we can go with White.

White hasn't been outstanding. He is good, but let's not make it out like none of our backs have room for improvement. I would like to see what Hollis can do. He yet a different style we haven't seen.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I'm very interested in seeing Simon. Hes one of the guys from this class I was expecting to be a big surprise.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I didn't hear much of these guys. Did they play much and I missed them? my jersey-number game is a bit off...

bots

Oct 6, 2010
I didn't hear much of these guys. Did they play much and I missed them? my jersey-number game is a bit off...

Didn't notice if Simon made it in or not... Hollis had a few carries, box score says three for minus one yard. Wasn't enough to really get a feel for what he brings to the table.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Didn't notice if Simon made it in or not... Hollis had a few carries, box score says three for minus one yard. Wasn't enough to really get a feel for what he brings to the table.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, he squeezed short yardage out of a couple runs, and basically got hit before he got the chance to go anywhere on another. I think Simon was credited with an assisted tackle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron