Can Photoshop be downloaded for free?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
I did a Google search on Photoshop and a bunch of listings came up for a free download, but then when you click on it, they always go to a subscription registration page.

I downloaded Gimp for free, but it looks very difficult to learn.

GO CYCLONES!!!

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
You can torrent Photoshop, but it's not guaranteed to be a legit copy. Probably also download malware or a virus with it.

Best bet is to use a freeware copy, like gimp or my choice, Paint.net. It's set up almost exactly like photoshop, so the learning curve isn't very steep.

dzmetcalf

Mar 3, 2010
Ames, IA
I did a Google search on Photoshop and a bunch of listings came up for a free download, but then when you click on it, they always go to a subscription registration page.

GO CYCLONES!!!

I haven't used gimp, however I'll tell you I've used photoshop for about 12 years now, and I'm still learning new things, photoshop is just as difficult i'm sure.

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
I downloaded Gimp on recommendations from CF, and it wasn't too bad. My 13 year old figured it out a lot faster than I did, and I'm sure I don't know a tenth of what it can actually do, but it worked for me.

How did you figure out how to use it? Granted, I only played around with it for about 10 minutes, and only figured out how to import a picture, but it has those 3 boxes with tons of stuff and I couldn't figure out how to use any of the buttons. couldn't even find a "red eye" removal button.

GO CYCLONES!!!

C

CyBer

GO CYCLONES!!!

Photoshop is not a free program by any means, it is very expensive. However it is much easier to use than GIMP if you are used to it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
How did you figure out how to use it? Granted, I only played around with it for about 10 minutes, and only figured out how to import a picture, but it has those 3 boxes with tons of stuff and I couldn't figure out how to use any of the buttons. couldn't even find a "red eye" removal button.

GO CYCLONES!!!
Google.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Isn't there a free version called Elements or something like that? It doesn't do everything the full version does but will do anything a non-power user wants it to do. I THINK it was free with Windows 7 but don't quote me on that.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Isn't there a free version called Elements or something like that? It doesn't do everything the full version does but will do anything a non-power user wants it to do. I THINK it was free with Windows 7 but don't quote me on that.

Not free. It might come bundled with some computers, but it isn't bundled with the OS itself. It runs maybe $50 on sale.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

GO CYCLONES!!!

I just imported a picture, and my main goal was to photoshop a picture of me and my wife into a picture of the Eiffel Tower (just playing around with that for future CF fun). Just kind of hit buttons to see what they would do, and made consistent use of the undo button.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I question why you think you can get a piece of $700 software for free.