DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
So what's our back up to our backup?
the Iowa Conference?

anyone willing to come to Mankato and drink me til i die? Perhaps some hookers? after we're done... we'll kill them? anyone?

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
So what's our back up to our backup?
the Iowa Conference?

anyone willing to come to Mankato and drink me til i die? Perhaps some hookers? after we're done... we'll kill them? anyone?

I'm in with an old Twin Lakes Conference guy! I have a shovel to burry the bodies!

by the way, I have no idea why we left the Conference, but I suspect it was because too many concessions were being offered to Pocahontas.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This really ticked me off. I completely understand that the Mountain West would call us. But the Register has been pushing the Mountain West on us for a while now.

In pretty much every chat done by their "reporters" when asked where they think ISU will end up, they say MWC. And that stupid article by Hanson mentioned the MWC as the most likely.

And yet have we seen a positive opinion sports piece about the reasons why Iowa State belongs in a conference better than the MWC in the Register? Nope. But we've seen that in the Kansas City paper. We've seen that a bit in the national media. But the REgister? Not at all. It makes me very angry.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
MWC: "We want you ISU because you would be far and away better than every school in our conference"

ISU: "Thanks but no thanks"

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
The MWC is actually currently ranked ahead of the Big East in the conference rankings. Boise St. and TCU's strength are the big reasons why, but people need to realize that the Big East is WEAK. Now in no way do I think that ISU will or should consider the MWC as a viable option, it is pretty much on par with the Big East, which would also be terrible IMO.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
The MWC is actually currently ranked ahead of the Big East in the conference rankings. Boise St. and TCU's strength are the big reasons why, but people need to realize that the Big East is WEAK. Now in no way do I think that ISU will or should consider the MWC as a viable option, it is pretty much on par with the Big East, which would also be terrible IMO.

Huge differences. 1, the MWC is not an AQ conference. The Big East is. 2. The money is also far apart. If you are not in one of these AQ conferences, you become irrelevant with these super conferences becoming a reality.