Add Louisville now with Big East imploding

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
and add Cincy and you add Depaul and Marquette for basketball as well...

Louisville yes. No on marquette and depaul. There will be zero bb only school added. Hopefully there are better options then Cincy if the big 12 can be choosy.

Louisville21

Jun 11, 2010
Louisville yes. No on marquette and depaul. There will be zero bb only school added. Hopefully there are better options then Cincy if the big 12 can be choosy.

Looks like we'll be conference mates soon due to the disloyalty of our conference's members. It's a funny thing because the higher-ups at Pitt were looking into a new TV deal for the Big East just a few months ago.

I'm excited to possibly be in a conference with you guys, Kansas, KState, etc.!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Looks like we'll be conference mates soon due to the disloyalty of our conference's members. It's a funny thing because the higher-ups at Pitt were looking into a new TV deal for the Big East just a few months ago.

I really hope OU pulls their collective heads out of their ***** and adds you guys, BYU, and Cinci.

Louisville21

Jun 11, 2010
I really hope OU pulls their collective heads out of their ***** and adds you guys, BYU, and Cinci.

That would be great! I'm not too keen on bringing our little bro Cincinnati with us, but if it's a package deal, that'd be fine.

You all are actually 1 of the 3 current BCS schools (Iowa State, Washington State, Texas Tech) that Louisville has never seen in Basketball. I'm also certain we've never seen you all in football either.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Monday will be interesting, Texas seems to have limited their options a bit with the ACC giving them the Texas approval "El-Paso"

OU and OSU just don't fit the image of the PAC12, hopefully they come to their senses and build a super conference here in the Midwest.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Dream scenario: OU & Texas commit to B12 and the current membership, minus A&M adds Louisville (first choice), BYU (second choice), Cincy (third choice), and if we have to get to 14 or 16, TCU (fourth choice) and any number of schools to balance out the membership (Air Force, USF, UCF, Memphis, etc.). Chances of this happening? Unfortunately very low. Really is too bad.

Of course, Notre Dame trumps all, but I still don't see them joining a league. Notre Dame will always be able to command a sweetheart deal with whatever championship system is on the table.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It does appear we are going to be in a conference with Lville at some point. Either B12 lives and adds Lville or the leftovers of Big East and Big 12 form a new one.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.

I've spent a considerable amount of time in the Louisville area in the past 2 years and I'm excited for the prospect of an ISU/Lville basketball rivalry.

Also, nice win last night!

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO, OU and OSU will stay. This is a bargaining ploy with the UT over the LHN. Big 12 adds only Louisville. Stay at 10 teams. Why dilute revenue by going to 12 teams. If you insist on going to 12 teams, you could add TCU and possibly BYU.

Pretty obvious that the BE will cease to be a factor. WVU will be departing for the SEC and I do not see them going to 16 teams. B1G Conference will stand pat. No need for expansion at this time. They know they will survive.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
IMO, OU and OSU will stay. This is a bargaining ploy with the UT over the LHN. Big 12 adds only Louisville. Stay at 10 teams. Why dilute revenue by going to 12 teams. If you insist on going to 12 teams, you could add TCU and possibly BYU.

Pretty obvious that the BE will cease to be a factor. WVU will be departing for the SEC and I do not see them going to 16 teams. B1G Conference will stand pat. No need for expansion at this time. They know they will survive.

I think in this case going to 12 would not reduce revenue in the future (yes it would right now) - getting into FL, Louisville & Utah adds new markets and hopefully the new TV contract would be big enough to satisfy everyone (OU & UT). Why is it that the ones with all the power and money are never satisfied with having all the money and power?

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
No on all four. Cincy and Louisville weak academically and the other two don't have football.

:nah:

I think you are wrong. Louisville is a no brainer. Big 12 adds them and then locks everyone down with huge penalties to leave so the Big 10, Pac 10 and SEC stop poaching.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
A-c-a-d-e-m-i-c-s

Since win has the Big 12 ever stated that academics mean anything to their conference? I am pretty confident we already have 3 schools in this conference that are pretty much on par or maybe even worse academically than Louisville.