Sep 25, 2010
Ames
I just had to rub this in for all the non-believers. :laugh:

YouDaManJesus.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
After watching the game last night, I think our normal road unis with red pants are better, and I don't think it's even close. Now, maybe white helmets would change my mind. But if we are sticking with the red helmets, better stick with the red pants as well.

I pretty much agree. It looked OK. It helps that the pants have red/gold piping (as opposed to total white) but overall, it looked a little too KC-Chiefs for me.

And definitely should've gone w/ white helmet (with stripes!) and it'd probably work better.

If we do break out the gold unis again at some point this season, I think those might look better with the white pants though. Maybe.

Attached. I think this is about three-fifths awesome and at least two-sevenths awful.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Alright, I have made the decision I don't like the stripes. I just think the Nike uniforms without the stripes on the shoulders and pants look a lot cleaner. Maybe a little piping would be cool but when I look at Minnesota's uniforms they just look clean. WVU has great white unis too but I think they are adidas.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
A few weeks back on a uniform thread, someone said something about program identity/tradition (I can't remember the deatils) ... so I threw that together for a joke-post, but didn't post it. Forgot it was still on the one I used for this update.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
I like the effort by the Athletic Dept. Everyone says ISU lacks tradition (whatever) but I think it gives them the opportunity to take a few chances on things once in a while. Maybe one time we might actually be a trend setter haha

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Haven't seen this brought up yet. Why the white pants again against Baylor? I thought our away look with red pants was one of the best in CFB.