Cy mascot got a broken arm?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
its a PR thing, they arent going to tweet that they are appalled by the actions of one or two uconn fans and that they have cast a black cloud over a cyclone victory. its a jab, it got its point across.

tell that to the cyclone that got his arm broken.

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale
Lets move to the Big East now!!!!! We FINALLY have a reason for a rivalry!!!!!!!

"You just broke my bros arm. Now you're about to get Tazered."

I hate crepes.

Last edited:

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Watching the game on ESPN2 and got a call that KASI 1430 announced the UCONN student thugs beat up CY and broke his or her arm. Hope a good lawsuit is aimed at UCONN thugs if true . Sounds like something an IOWA fan might do in IOWA CITY.
First, this is a bit unfair. I know Cyclone fans here have stories about how horrible Iowa City is, all the horrible names they've been called and all the horrible things that have been thrown at them, but how many times has an ISU fan or program member been sent to the hospital, as the result of an assault occurring in or around Kinnick? Honest question.

Second, I think there is a reason why mascots shouldn't go into the stand. I remember the story last year when a Minnesota professor, who had gone to a ton of Minnesota volleyball games, and was a big fan, punched Goldy in the face when the mascot kept poking him or something like that. Now imagine Cy taunting opposing fans while on the road (not saying that's what he or she did, OR that it justifies an assault). It's dangerous enough on the field, with opposing players and the opposing mascot...

Third, this is UConn we're talking about. One of their players was stabbed to death following an altercation on campus, after the homecoming game (well, not right after).

Last edited:

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
You think it's ok for for some one to break mascots arm?!
where did i say that it was okay to resort to violence? i said it was a PR move. i would expect tomorrow morning, if they haven't all ready, the president and AD of uconn to contact the iowa state athletic dept in hopes on contacting the young man who was injured. they will most likely apologize and offer to help pay for, if not fully cover, the young man's medical bills. uconn will likely issue a press release stating that the actions do not represent what it means to be a husky or something of the sort and make public their plan of aide. iowa state gets a little jab in on twitter, and uconn gets a chance to do the right thing. what exactly do you think should happen?

and what the hell does a tragic accident like a players death have to do with this instance? (not your post bosco) the monster that committed this crime was NOT a uconn student, under your logic we should be held to the same standard as you are holding uconn because someone got stabbed at veishea 20 years ago.

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
where did i say that it was okay to resort to violence? i said it was a PR move. i would expect tomorrow morning, if they haven't all ready, the president and AD of uconn to contact the iowa state athletic dept in hopes on contacting the young man who was injured. they will most likely apologize and offer to help pay for, if not fully cover, the young man's medical bills. uconn will likely issue a press release stating that the actions do not represent what it means to be a husky or something of the sort and make public their plan of aide.

Blah blah blah. Cy got his arm broken and there is no repercussions. Typical isu fan to take it and not give a ****.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Blah blah blah. Cy got his arm broken and there is no repercussions. Typical isu fan to take it and not give a ****.
where did i say that i dont give a **** please show me, you really are good at putting words in my mouth i might as well let you right the rest of this post for me.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
where did i say that i dont give a **** please show me, you really are good at putting words in my mouth i might as well let you right the rest of this post for me.

The fact that you don't give crap about the person in the suit. If it was a player that was injured there would be a different attitude about it.

If you were worried as much about the kid as if it was your own you wouldn't have such a cavalier attitude about it.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
The fact that you don't give crap about the person in the suit. If it was a player that was injured there would be a different attitude about it.

If you were worried as much about the kid as if it was your own you wouldn't have such a cavalier attitude about it.
once again you have yet to show me in any of my posts where i dont care about the student in the suit. so please show me where you think i dont care about this young man representing MY university, MY athletic department, MY team. because i think that iowa state is doing the right thing by giving another university the chance to do the right thing? because i am not screaming for the blood of another fan base? because i dont think we should have our university announce legal actions against over twitter? or am i just not as big of a fan as you because i think that two jackasses who commit a crime are not representing an entire fan base? or is it because i dont equate said fan base to a man who engineered the murder of 3000 people? so again i ask you, what do you propose we do?

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
once again you have yet to show me in any of my posts where i dont care about the student in the suit. so please show me where you think i dont care about this young man representing MY university, MY athletic department, MY team. because i think that iowa state is doing the right thing by giving another university the chance to do the right thing? because i am not screaming for the blood of another fan base? because i dont think we should have our university announce legal actions against over twitter? or am i just not as big of a fan as you because i think that two jackasses who commit a crime are representing an entire fan base? or is it because i dont equate said fan base to a man who engineered the murder of 3000 people? so again i ask you, what do you propose we do?

You have failed to show any concern over a fallen comrade. You have failed.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
It's not about you. It's not about your inconsequential posts. It's about keeping people who give to the university safe.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
somebody get a Secret Service detail for Cy next road game, okay?

Here's the deal. What happened is terrible. I hope the guy who did it gets sued, thrown in jail, and then down a flight of stairs when he gets out. I hope someone breaks both bones in both of his arms.

All anyone is saying is that our coaching staff and athletic department - with probably limited information right now about the incident- doesn't need to go ape ***** about it.

Since you're on your soap box, why don't you share your suggests with the group. What do you recommend our football staff, athletic department, and university do about it?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
somebody get a Secret Service detail for Cy next road game, okay?

Here's the deal. What happened is terrible. I hope the guy who did it gets sued, thrown in jail, and then down a flight of stairs when he gets out. I hope someone breaks both bones in both of his arms.

All anyone is saying is that our coaching staff and athletic department - with probably limited information right now about the incident- doesn't need to go ape ***** about it.

Since you're on your soap box, why don't you share your suggests with the group. What do you recommend our football staff, athletic department, and university do about it?

I would recommend that the AD, or president or who ever do exactly what we should be doing and Going ape **** over it.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
It's not about you. It's not about your inconsequential posts. It's about keeping people who give to the university safe.
bosco i really hope you can see the bigger picture in all of this. it is not that i dont feel bad about the young man, i feel horrible for him and his family. i wrote an email to the uconn president as soon as it was posted, but to equate thousands of people to the monster that was osama bin laden based on the actions of two jackasses is just idiotic to me. i am upset with uconn, especially with the lack of response of their hired security company. however if you are expecting a big response from iowa state you will not see it. they will let uconn take the lead on this since it happened at uconn. if uconn does drop the ball in response to this, iowa state will jump at the PR opportunity to help one of its own, but they will not do it at another school's (especially a possible future conference mate) expense. they will not publicly throw uconn under the bus.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
bosco i really hope you can see the bigger picture in all of this. it is not that i dont feel bad about the young man, i feel horrible for him and his family. i wrote an email to the uconn president as soon as it was posted, but to equate thousands of people to the monster that was osama bin laden based on the actions of two jackasses is just idiotic to me. i am upset with uconn, especially with the lack of response of their hired security company. however if you are expecting a big response from iowa state you will not see it. they will let uconn take the lead on this since it happened at uconn. if uconn does drop the ball in response to this, iowa state will jump at the PR opportunity to help one of its own, but they will not do it at another school's (especially a possible future conference mate) expense. they will not publicly throw uconn under the bus.

I see where your coming from. I hope you see where I'm coming from. I expect IsU in an official capacity to take care of business the way it should. Which is to play nice nice with Uconn. That is the way should be handled. But I'll be damned if I play that nice. It's about respect, and having pride in your university. So many people lately have decided that we don't deserve any respect. If we don't stand up for our selves than no one will. Disrespecting (taking down our mascot) what we stand for is another form of their disrespect.

Last edited:

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
cats_fighting_102006_5.jpg

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I see where your coming from. I hope you see where I'm coming from. I expect IsU in an official capacity to take care of business the way it should. Which is to play nice nice with Uconn. That is the way should be handled. But I'll be damned if I play that nice. It's about respect, and having pride in your university. So many people lately have decided that we don't deserve any respect. If we don't stand up for our selves than no one will. Disrespecting (taking down our mascot) what we stand for is another form of their disrespect.

You want ISU to throw a fit? Let them handle it and then ***** about it if you think they mishandled it. They can't really go ape**** without the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron