Appreciate this guys!!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm listening to the post game callers and a lot of them are disappointed or mad or just plain stupid.

WE ARE THREE AND OH. It bears repeating....we are 3-0 against a tough 3 teams. We haven't been 3 and 0 for 6 years.

WaverlyCy

Oct 12, 2010
I'm listening to the post game callers and a lot of them are disappointed or mad or just plain stupid.

WE ARE THREE AND OH. It bears repeating....we are 3-0 against a tough 3 teams. We haven't been 3 and 0 for 6 years.

Agreed... that Ryan dude from Ames... good grief. Enjoy it for crying out loud!!

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Rhoads needs to have more fire, Reeves needs to be benched, and James White is hands down better than Shontrelle Robinson.

He was a winner.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
It's just plain stupid to be disappointed or mad right now. We are 3-0! Sure we started bad, but that's going to happen after we have a 3 OT win against our biggest rival. When was the last time we did anything after we beat Iowa? I can't remember.

We need to be happy about this win, jacked that we are 3-0 and be ready to play Texas in two weeks.

Reactions: CyclonesRule

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
People need to realize this was a ver tough game for us, 6 days after a emotional and physically trying game against Iowa , on the road in a different time zone no less against a UCONN team that needed the win. Great job tonight by the team to fight till the end (this seems like a staple of Rhoads teams they always fight).

WaverlyCy

Oct 12, 2010
Rhoads needs to have more fire, Reeves needs to be benched, and James White is hands down better than Shontrelle Robinson.

He was a winner.

Yes, this is the guy I was referring to. Also enjoyed the Shontrelle Robinson reference. Calling Coach Rhoads out for "being flat" or lack of fire??? Give me a break.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
If Ryan is on this message board.....

You are a loser. You don't know football so please stop calling in and pretending like you know what you are talking about. You waste time on the show ******** about stuff you know nothing about when Chris could be listening to fans who are happy to be 3-0. Was it perfect? No. Does Rhoads know more than you? Yes. Shut up and get off the phone.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Short week, 3 OTs, flying half way across the country, SJs first game on the road, vs a BCS school, most of us knew this was going to be a tough game. Teams of the past would have folded after the rough start, this team steped up and took the win.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
No kidding. The minute we stop shooting ourselves in both feet, we could turn this season into something special. We have an ability to shrug off setbacks that we haven't had in years past. There have been times where interceptions, penalties, missed field goals and injuries have turned into losses. We had every damn one of those things in a single game, and found a way to win. Take one or two of those things away tonight and it's not a close game. We need to spend the next two weeks working on discipline. That is the biggest hurdle for this team right now. KO has got to be killing his draft stock with all the offside calls.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
Plus, don't forget the officiating we got tonight. Yikes. Yet another obstacle we had to overcome and we still won.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I'm thinking Ryan is clonedude. But, I'm not sure he's even that crazy.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Just got done watching.. great win under the circumstances. Uconn's defense really impressed me. Those corners are legit. And apparently a very disciplined team...one 5 yard penalty the whole game??? Because I could have sworn I saw a late hit and facemask back-to-back, but it didn't matter.. I love our team. So much heart.. our leaders seem to have those intangibles when the games on the line, that you can't teach.. The more important it is, the better we seem to execute. Enjoy the rest Jantz.. you damn sure earned it the last 3 weeks.

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
Along with the back to back that weren't called, the facemask & late hit, there were some serious holds that weren't called as well. Those were big 12 refs, what a joke!!

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
No kidding. The minute we stop shooting ourselves in both feet, we could turn this season into something special. We have an ability to shrug off setbacks that we haven't had in years past. There have been times where interceptions, penalties, missed field goals and injuries have turned into losses. We had every damn one of those things in a single game, and found a way to win. Take one or two of those things away tonight and it's not a close game. We need to spend the next two weeks working on discipline. That is the biggest hurdle for this team right now. KO has got to be killing his draft stock with all the offside calls.

I agreed with everything until this statement. I am pretty sure those scouts that are watching him can notice most of those aren't his fault. I am lightly putting those on the RS Fr, however those penalties aren't the ones that are troubling to me.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
If you're unhappy with the season so far, you obviously haven't been a Cyclone fan long. Heck, I've only been one since I arrived on campus in the Fall of 2005 and know the season we're having is amazing.

Sure, 2005 was a great year, but you never felt safe unless we were up three TDs (same goes for years after). I think we lost about any close game we had that year.

This year, I'm getting close to calling it a "destiny" season. In every game, I've watched, I always felt we were going to win even if my heart might stop (first time as a Cyclone fan btw has that happened; it's usually the other way around). It's kinda like Iowa's 2009 season. It may have been ugly but they always found a way to win.

So yea, if you can't enjoy this and appreciate a season like this, you probably won't ever be happy as an ISU fan.