Nice Win

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Great win for you guys. Jantz would give me a heart attack if he were my QB, but the kid is a leader and has a nose for the W's. Love the job your coaches are doing with this group. Ferentz, Parker, and O'Keefe could learn a thing or two.

Congrats on 3-0.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Don't know which team is your team, but a win is a win. It certainly wasn't a good win. It was an ugly win. All of our wins have been ugly wins. But we are 3-0 so we are happy. There is lots and lots of room for improvement in this team. Eliminate the penalties and stupid plays and this team could be pretty good as in going to a decent bowl game. All these mistakes are killing me !!!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Don't know which team is your team, but a win is a win. It certainly wasn't a good win. It was an ugly win. All of our wins have been ugly wins. But we are 3-0 so we are happy. There is lots and lots of room for improvement in this team. Eliminate the penalties and stupid plays and this team could be pretty good as in going to a decent bowl game. All these mistakes are killing me !!!

I'm an Iowa fan. Winning ugly is the norm... when we're not losing ugly.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
The question is can Jantz get a lead and keep it? All the turnovers are going to catch up with ISU at some point.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Do not deserve? DEFENSE BABY. The O was horrible, but the D covered UP!

Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game.

Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game.

Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.

Your D has some sand to it. They play with bad intentions, you can't really coach that. Pains me to say it, but I like it a lot.

Reactions: cycloneML

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Great win for you guys. Jantz would give me a heart attack if he were my QB, but the kid is a leader and has a nose for the W's. Love the job your coaches are doing with this group. Ferentz, Parker, and O'Keefe could learn a thing or two.

Congrats on 3-0.
Thanks Gonzo! We hung in there, but we'll have to do better.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
TY Gonzo. Although others may not say it, rooting for iowa tomorrow!

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game. Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.
Your D has some sand to it. They play with bad intentions, you can't really coach that. Pains me to say it, but I like it a lot.

get yourself some gear and jump on!

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
The question is can Jantz get a lead and keep it? All the turnovers are going to catch up with ISU at some point.

I feel like we're playing on borrowed time. Shore up the turnovers and we might make some more noise this season.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
You should all be rooting for Iowa wins. Hard as it may be to stomach, it just makes you guys look better.

IT is largely because A Iowa fan was rooting for ISU tonight, and I will return the favor tomorrow.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I butt puckered when we went into the Dan McCarney prevent D at the end of the game, i thought our pressure was what the untested QB was having issues with, he was forcing throws (some into the ground, behind the line of scrimmage to avoid sacks knowing the REFS would just smile and rewind the clock), but it worked out okay...Prevent Defense prevents wins.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I butt puckered when we went into the Dan McCarney prevent D at the end of the game, i thought our pressure was what the untested QB was having issues with, he was forcing throws (some into the ground, behind the line of scrimmage to avoid sacks knowing the REFS would just smile and rewind the clock), but it worked out okay...Prevent Defense prevents wins.

Can't stand the prevent. Luckily your guys up front were still getting through.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron