ISU-UCONN: The future of ISU in BIG EAST?!?

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
This game being on national TV and if Iowa State keeps this game competitive and wins - I definitely see Iowa State not left out of an invite from Big East - that is, if BIG XII implodes.

I also think scheduling UCONN can work to our advantage.

I really think this Friday is the start of something big. What do you all think?

Last edited:

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
read the other UConn/realignment threads. its all discussed there. no need to create an extra thread

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
This game being on national TV and if Iowa State keeps this game competitive and wins - I definitely see Iowa State not left out of an invite from Big East - that is, if BIG XII implodes.

As far as Big East teams not being an automatic BCS berth, well that can change - if BIG XII dissolves.

I really think this Friday is the start of something big. What do you all think?

The Big East does have an automatic BCS Berth.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA

As far as Big East teams not being an automatic BCS berth, well that can change - if BIG XII dissolves.

First, the Big East already has a BCS berth. Second, one game will have virtually zero impact on whether or not we get invited to the Big East. The game is important for ISU to move to 3-0 and build momentum for this season, but will have nothing to do with re-alignment.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
First, the Big East already has a BCS berth. Second, one game will have virtually zero impact on whether or not we get invited to the Big East. The game is important for ISU to move to 3-0 and build momentum for this season, but will have nothing to do with re-alignment.

I disagree. If ISU beats last years Big East champion, it can't hurt our case for belonging.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I disagree. If ISU beats last years Big East champion, it can't hurt our case for belonging.

It won't hurt but it won't help either. Realignment has very, very little to do with on-field success, and winning one game against a Big East opponent is not going to change anyone's mind one way or another.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
It's good exposure for ISU to the big east media market, fan bases, etc. If ISU wins all of the Big East fans and teams will see that and know we are a serious player for expansion and not a futile joke of a program that the perception is.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
God I hope ISU isn't in the Big East.

And this game has zero, zilch, none, nada, zippo to do with realignment.

We beat Iowa! Big 10 here we come!!!!!

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
God I hope ISU isn't in the Big East.

And this game has zero, zilch, none, nada, zippo to do with realignment.

We beat Iowa! Big 10 here we come!!!!!

Big 10 doesnt want us. We need to wake up and look around. Big East is a good fit for Iowa State. I know geographically it doesnt make sense but Iowa State has zero tradition in football. UCONN is very similar. Plus we look better than Big East already with what few we have. I think this game will play a big role in talking ISU-UCONN match up as an example when experts evaluate Iowa State's interest in Big East.

If you are Jamie Pollard, you HAVE TO THINK strategies to keep CPR and moving to Big east might keep CPR around. Otherwise if Big XII implodes and we move into Misosuri Valley or Mountain Conferece, we will lose Paul Rhoads - mark my words.