ISU wearing all white unis Friday

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Are we wearing white helmets with the white uniforms on Friday?
Text I received:
"No... white pants and white jersey no white helmet."

I'm telling you...

Someone who is around the team everyday.

Cool+Story%252C+Bro+9.jpg

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If I had more notice I'd be tempted to buy the damn helmets myself, then auction them off to split the profits with the Athletic Department...

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I see three scenarios:

1. There are no white helmets.

2. There are white helmets, but even the players don't know about them yet. (see maryland)

3. There are white helmets, the players know and CPR threatened any player that leaked it had to run back to ames from uconn.

I'm betting on 2.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I see three scenarios:

1. There are no white helmets.

2. There are white helmets, but even the players don't know about them yet. (see maryland)

3. There are white helmets, the players know and CPR threatened any player that leaked it had to run back to ames from uconn.

I'm betting on 2.

I could see that we have them and the players know. But now we save them for another time when its a complete surprise.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I could see that we have them and the players know. But now we save them for another time when its a complete surprise.

2-0 going into UCONN on ESPN 2, I don't see us saving them for another time. Won't be as much hype when the OSU game rolls around...or will there?

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
2-0 going into UCONN on ESPN 2, I don't see us saving them for another time. Won't be as much hype when the OSU game rolls around...or will there?

As of this week, this is the most hype we have have before a football game in a while. Hopefully...next week will be more of the same, and so on. I say bust out the ALL WHITE, if there are any. No better place than here, no better time than now.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
I wouldn't be shocked if we wore them. I know Rhoads said no white helmets but it wouldn't be the first time a coach denied something that still ended up happening

Last edited:

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Again....just because they are claiming they will wear cardinal helmets doesn't mean there is no chance they have white helmets. You just never know.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Question regarding changing helmets...

I know they do this in college/NFL often. It can be painful and cause headaches breaking in a helmet (and getting used to wearing one again) - do they just take the inside of the helmet and transfer it or do they wear these so lose in college/NFL it's not an issue?