The Source of Nebraska's Defensive Woes...

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
LINCOLN - As Nebraska seniors Stewart Bradley and Jay Moore rehashed the Huskers' defensive problems from Saturday, both mentioned something unusual as a possible cause.

It was too loud.

Some defensive calls and checks got lost in translation or were never fully heard above the din of 85,069 at Memorial Stadium. Kansas at times took advantage of NU being affected by its own crowd to roll up 574 total yards.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2254589

This just had me rolling. Does your secondary suck? Blame it on the crowd! Maybe we should do that more often. :Tongue:

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
This just had me rolling. Does your secondary suck? Blame it on the crowd! Maybe we should do that more often. :Tongue:
i guess we'll know if mac or his people read this board...if this is used as mcspin in his next press conference.:wink0st:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Kevin Cosgrove had all these hot switrches implanted in their little brains on defense because - they did not know if Barman or Meier would play. C'm, I was not born yesterday.

They knew it was Barman asll along. They played against Barman in 2004 in Lincoln with the same crowd. Yeah? Yeah.

The boys could not hear the switches called out so they ended up in the same gaps. Duh? All I saw was Jon " I am Pretty Good but not Great" Cornish outfaked them and slip away into the night.

They failed to stunt properly due to crowd noise. They zigged instead of zagging and could not get to Allen Fill 'er Up Barman. Really? I think they were outblocked by a team currently rated lower than the Clones by Sagarin.

Their own crowd almost lost the game for them? Get them some of those $29 sobnic hearing aids and gop for it Redville linebackers.

Honestly, has anyone ever before seen such a weak excuse as this. They played with noise in their other games. Another duh. Not a problem. But when you almost lose to lowly Kansas who came from way back, you need a good excuse for the media. Hope their coaches do not accept the line.

Have they ever heard of hand signals to tell others what to do? Guess not.

Yes, that is a golden article that should be framed and kept for their locker room.

If our defense blamed the fans for yelling too loud, what would we be saying? Grow up boys?