Wesley sprained his ankle?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Limping around campus...perhaps two/three weeks off?? Bet Jiri comes back for Bradley.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Is it time for everybody to go back to PF Flyers? Seriously, it seems that as athletic shoes have gotten more flashy and more expensive (& presumably better designed), the incidents of foot and ankle injuries have soared. Maybe it's due to changes in conditioning, drills, year-around sport specialization, or player size. Whatever the reason, foot injuries seem to be much more common.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Is it time for everybody to go back to PF Flyers?

I don't remember anybody in PF Flyers almost hitting their head on the rim while throwing down a monster dunk either.

The game is a little different now and a little more conducive to foot injuries. Guys don't shoot set shots and wear short shorts anymore either. I just think the game is a lot more reliant on athletic ability now than it ever has been.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Hey maybe next week we can have Brackins get hurt. That seems like the next logical person. :skeptical:

Who would have thought (going back a year) our starting line up for the first game would be something like this:
Peterson
Haluska
Boozer? Clark if he is healthy?
Thompson
Brackins.

We are down Cory Mac, Taylor, Staigger
Clark has a problems, Hubalek has problems, W. Johnson has problems

I had Staigger being one of our best players this year after seeing him play.
The few weeks of missing some of the players is a bigger deal than you think b/c it puts the whole team back a few weeks and we end up losing to a bunch of teams that we shouldn't lose to. That just Sucks. A team like ISU needs to pretty much win 10+ games in non conference to make the NCAA IMO.

My starting 5 prediction I think was something like this a year ago:
Garrett
Taylor
W. Johnson
Brackins
Hubalek

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Is it time for everybody to go back to PF Flyers? Seriously, it seems that as athletic shoes have gotten more flashy and more expensive (& presumably better designed), the incidents of foot and ankle injuries have soared. Maybe it's due to changes in conditioning, drills, year-around sport specialization, or player size. Whatever the reason, foot injuries seem to be much more common.

I think its because some of these players are like 6-7 185lbs and jump 13 feet in the air. Sometimes I just close my eyes when clark tries to follow a dunk and someone bumps him in mid air.

Some of those older players never jumped. Although....They would hands down probably beat teams fundamentally.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't remember anybody in PF Flyers almost hitting their head on the rim while throwing down a monster dunk either.

The game is a little different now and a little more conducive to foot injuries. Guys don't shoot set shots and wear short shorts anymore either. I just think the game is a lot more reliant on athletic ability now than it ever has been.

Maybe it is the lack of short shorts. The longer shorts are restrictive on the lower leg and cause less range of motion :biggrin:.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If Lucca really isn't ineligible like the NCAA press release said, suit him up for this game, just to throw up the middle finger at them.

pthebutcher

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 14, 2006
Portland
BryceC said:
If Lucca really isn't ineligible like the NCAA press release said, suit him up for this game, just to throw up the middle finger at them.

From Pollard:
At this point, with our regular season to open Friday, Lucca has not been certified eligible (by the NCAA) to compete. If Iowa State allowed him to compete without being certified by the NCAA, it would result in an NCAA rules violation.

That answers that. Infact, I think Pollard added that part to his press release in response to email's saying we should suit him up.