Robert Griffin III

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
He was just on Gameday talking with the crew, and I was honestly surprised at how well-spoken he is. I'm ashamed to have held the stereotype that he'd be some kind of brute in his speech like there seems to be quite a bit of in the SEC (+Vince Young), but he really did impress me. Well-spoken, respectful, humble. Honestly, I think this will make it even more fun to watch him play, for me at least.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I couldn't care less if he's "well spoken" or not. The young man is an absolutely top-notch athlete and clearly a phenomenal leader for his team. He's a treat to watch.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I couldn't care less if he's "well spoken" or not. The young man is an absolutely top-notch athlete and clearly a phenomenal leader for his team. He's a treat to watch.

I agree that he's a terrific athlete, and a great leader. I just think it makes it even more fun to watch him when I feel like I can actually respect him as a man. He's actually somebody worth pulling for whenever he's not playing a team that you root for. And when ISU plays Baylor, I'll be pulling for him to play well, but lose the game.

Cyclonus

Nov 22, 2009
Milwaukee
Did anybody else catch that during their "week one" bit this morning on College GameDay Tommy Tuberville had "Auburn" underneath his name? ... I feel like he doesn't coach there anymore

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
He graduated last december with a degree in political science while making the big 12 commissioner's honor roll every semester. He's currently working on a master's in communication and plans on attending law school.

Last edited:

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
The guy is a great athlete but I'll be surprised if he stays healthy the whole season. He takes a lot of hard hits on designed runs.

Baylor

Aug 9, 2011
He has two GREAT parents too and he has world class speed. Top notch kid. Nothing like Tyrelle Pryor.

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
He was just on Gameday talking with the crew, and I was honestly surprised at how well-spoken he is. I'm ashamed to have held the stereotype that he'd be some kind of brute in his speech like there seems to be quite a bit of in the SEC (+Vince Young), but he really did impress me. Well-spoken, respectful, humble. Honestly, I think this will make it even more fun to watch him play, for me at least.
Totally agree-I thought the same thing. I wouldn't mind seeing them do better than some have predicted-even though I lost credits-lol

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I saw Baylor play CU in Boulder last year. He was a treat to watch. I really enjoyed that game and Baylor is a fun team to watch.

Apr 19, 2006

It's always been amazing to me when these guys talk and everybody is surprised out how well-spoken or articulate these guys are. I don't see that said about many of the white football players, it's just been one of those things that I'm surprised Al Sharpton or The Rev Jackson doesn't jump on the band wagon with. I'm not trying to turn it into a racist thing, but it's just weird how much this comes up.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
It's always been amazing to me when these guys talk and everybody is surprised out how well-spoken or articulate these guys are. I don't see that said about many of the white football players, it's just been one of those things that I'm surprised Al Sharpton or The Rev Jackson doesn't jump on the band wagon with. I'm not trying to turn it into a racist thing, but it's just weird how much this comes up.

Like I said, I'm ashamed that I had that stereotype in mind. Perhaps it's because we get more exposure to the guys like Vince Young, Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, etc. Guys like that are what reinforce that stereotype, and that's who we see all the time.

Apr 19, 2006
Like I said, I'm ashamed that I had that stereotype in mind. Perhaps it's because we get more exposure to the guys like Vince Young, Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, etc. Guys like that are what reinforce that stereotype, and that's who we see all the time.

I wasn't pointing fingers I'm amazed about sports casters, media, etc. and how often they say things like this.

Apr 19, 2006
Speaking of Griffin, he is going to have a hay day with us.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
RG3 was threw some amazing passes last night, as he did against ISU tow years ago. Hopefully he will not be near as good this year when the clones come to town.