Unicorns and Rainbows

CycloneNC2015

Jul 28, 2009
Urbandale
Now that we know OU is actively shopping around can we stop pretending the B12 is unicorn and rainbows and singing kum-by-yah? I and many others have been calling this from long ago but constantly get slaughtered because we refused to put our heads in the sand. The B12 is done. BYU, ND are not joining. We couldnt even get UNI to join if we wanted.

The question now is what do we do? Lets stop fighting the losing battle of trying to convince ourselves that anyone worth while is going to join this submarine of a conference and figure out what we need to do. My guess is MAC or MWC. We have been swallowed by the monster that is big time college football. For to long we didnt take it serious and now our entire athletic dept is going to pay the price for decades of incompetence.

castle-bravo-atomic-nuclear-bomb-test.jpg

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Now that we know OU is actively shopping around can we stop pretending the B12 is unicorn and rainbows and singing kum-by-yah? I and many others have been calling this from long ago but constantly get slaughtered because we refused to put our heads in the sand. The B12 is done. BYU, ND are not joining. We couldnt even get UNI to join if we wanted.

The question now is what do we do? Lets stop fighting the losing battle of trying to convince ourselves that anyone worth while is going to join this submarine of a conference and figure out what we need to do. My guess is MAC or MWC. We have been swallowed by the monster that is big time college football. For to long we didnt take it serious and now our entire athletic dept is going to pay the price for decades of incompetence.

castle-bravo-atomic-nuclear-bomb-test.jpg

Bolded = False.

The Rest = Facepalm

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
There should be temporary bans for making new threads about conference realignment. Especially if there is no news; just people ranting off their dumb opinion.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
unicorns-rainbow.jpg

I dunno what you're talking about... I still see unicorns and rainbows

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
This is a group think message board. Very much unicorns and rainbows.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Unicorns and rainbows sound like two wonderful names for the new divisions in whatever the Big 12 becomes.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This is a group think message board. Very much unicorns and rainbows.

This is pretty much true. There are many that refuse to believe any rumors and get pretty PO'ed at those that discuss such speculation. Many here still refuse to believe A&M is leaving.

On the other hand, this could end up being the best thing that's happened to us. Who knows where we'll land, but there's a decent chance that we'll be able to compete better wherever that is. Looking at our FB results outside of a couple of 3-4 year blips, has been abysmal.

My hope now rests with our MBB team. Hopefully Hoiberg can get some damn good results the next two years and elevate our program so that we can compete with the best in college b-ball.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Careful, the mods never liked my rainbows and unicorns sig pic. The meltdown that is coming in the uni thread will require some though.