***Official Who's Wanting to Leave the Big XII Thread***

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
What? Everything Stoops has said has insinuated he would rather stay in the Big 12 with no championship game. Of all people Stoops knows how much of a trap a conference championship game is. This year OU has to get by Texas, A&M and OSU and they're playing for national title. If they go to the PAC-12 they would have to travel all over the western half of the country and still beat someone like USC or Oregon in a championship game to have a shot at the title.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
How is this thread productive or beneficial at all. Unless, all who say the Big 12 is doomed go to this thread and stay off the other ones.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I don't know if OU gets to the Pac-12 without Texas and so on and so forth.

Really, every move any school can make seems to depend on at least one other school or conference. That's why it's so maddening, because there's not simple "if a happens than b happens" logic to follow.

It's like that arm pretzel game you used to play at camp as a kid, except no one is allowed to talk to each other. I think it's the uncertainty of what happens next that keeps everyone else from making a move, or at least keeps the process moving VERY SLOWLY.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
They are starting their own network, leaving would be not only a waste of money and time, but stupid.

Apr 7, 2010
What? Everything Stoops has said has insinuated he would rather stay in the Big 12 with no championship game. Of all people Stoops knows how much of a trap a conference championship game is. This year OU has to get by Texas, A&M and OSU and they're playing for national title. If they go to the PAC-12 they would have to travel all over the western half of the country and still beat someone like USC or Oregon in a championship game to have a shot at the title.
Dave Sittler: Bob Stoops pondering life without a Big 12 | Tulsa World

From the article:

He confirmed Tuesday that membership in a Pac-16 still excites him.

"Think about it," Stoops said. "A (league) championship game in the Rose Bowl, going to USC to play, the Rose Bowl and playing UCLA (the storied stadium serves as the Bruins' home field) ..."

Stoops also still believes if the Sooners eventually head west that it's vital to take at least three Big 12 teams with them.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren says multiple conferences have shown interest in the Sooners recently and he expects to decide whether to leave the Big 12 ....

Oklahoma Sooners president David Boren says school has interest from multiple conferences - ESPN

First time I've read all his comments. I don't see anything out of line and in fact it reads to me they want the B12 to be stable and add members and live on, but if not, we have options.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma president David Boren says multiple conferences have shown interest in the Sooners recently and he expects to decide whether to leave the Big 12 ....

Oklahoma Sooners president David Boren says school has interest from multiple conferences - ESPN

Just saw this scroll across the bottom on the TV during the TCU/Baylor game.

I think it is time for ISU be proactive and start looking elsewhere and secure a spot in a BCS conference before the Big 12 explodes and we are left on the outside looking in b/c if that happens, I see ISU having to join Conference USA or the MAC.

I am hoping for the Mountain West or the Big East.