Nebraska would likely finish 5th or 6th in the big 12 this season.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I find it entertaining that nebraska's the highest rated team in the big 10 but would likely finish 5th or 6th in the Big 12 this year. Watched espn yesterday and the big 10 hardly gets mentioned, all the top players are from the SEC, Big 12, ACC, and Pac 12- mostly the SEC and Big 12.

Oklahoma
Texas A&M
Oklahoma State
Missouri
Texas
maybe nebraska?

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
In predictions I can see putting them behind OU, OSU & Texas A&M but not Missouri or Texas.

I could also see predicting Neb. 2nd only to OU.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Put down the hatorade... They wouldnt be playing OU, so that would be a huge advantage, plus they would have aTm and Ok State at home. With the schedule they would have, their toughest game would be at Missouri or at Texas, and really they could win both of those games. If they were still in the Big 12 this season, they would be predicted to have 10+ wins.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I didn't know we had so many nebraska supporters in cyclone nation? Yes they could have finish 4th in the league and being in the north would've helped. Remember that texas beat them at home last year and missouri has better skilled players and more team speed.

Playing in the old north division does allow nebraska to finish higher than say better teams from the old south. My prediction would be if you picked the best teams in the league.

nebraska's had the easiest path to a conference championship and a BCS game the last 10 years. How many did they win?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I didn't know we had so many nebraska supporters in cyclone nation? Yes they could have finish 4th in the league and being in the north would've helped. Remember that texas beat them at home last year and missouri has better skilled players and more team speed.

Playing in the old north division does allow nebraska to finish higher than say better teams from the old south. My prediction would be if you picked the best teams in the league.

nebraska's had the easiest path to a conference championship and a BCS game the last 10 years. How many did they win?

I hate Nebraska, but Im also a realist.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
No, I don't like nebraska and i'm comfortable with that. I'm also a realist and think its ok to debate the real nebraska, instead of just letting them run away from a once great conference and pointing the finger at texas as the reason.

Last edited:

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
All I know is that Nebraska is the most talented team in the Big Ten this year. The only thing holding them back is general unfamiliarity with conference opponents.

ShockRerun

Nov 8, 2010
Carroll
No, I don't like nebraska and i'm comfortable with that. I'm also a realist and think its ok to debate the real nebraska, instead of just letting them run away from a once great conference and pointing the finger at texas as the reason.

Im not sure what that means? But, nebraska beat OSU and MU last year and where close against OU in the CCG. Is it realism, or spite that makes you think they would be so much worse this year than last year. Calling them names from a message board wont make it so.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The better question is where will they end up in the Big ten this year. There has been a lot of hoople, but many people are not so sure what will happen. Fans may have Wiscy flu this year.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
Im not sure what that means? But, nebraska beat OSU and MU last year and where close against OU in the CCG. Is it realism, or spite that makes you think they would be so much worse this year than last year. Calling them names from a message board wont make it so.

What names did I call them? They almost lost to Iowa State but I didn't even talk about that. I didn't say they would be so much worse than last year, probably about the same IMO. Just saying talent wise and team potential they probably would be somewhere around 5 or 6 in the big 12.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Question would be whether Martinez is healthy all year. If so, I'd give them a shot at the CCG, if not they could go as low as 4th or 5th.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'm not completely sold on Oky State and A&M. Not that I don't think they're talented, but for whatever reason, Oky State has underachieved some when they have a lot of hype. Kind of like Iowa in that regard. A&M has just underachieved in general for the past 10 years.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
All I know is that Nebraska is the most talented team in the Big Ten this year. The only thing holding them back is general unfamiliarity with conference opponents.

and Bo Pelini/Carl Pelini killing somebody.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
saying Nebraska would likely be 5th or 6th in the big 12 is just wrong. They are only ranked a couple of spots behind Oklahoma State and A&M in the preseason polls which would put them at 4th place in the big 12 in preseason. And a few spots in the rankings doesnt mean it is likely that they finish ahead of them. I think it would be OU the clear favorite and then NU, OKstate and A&M finishing 2-4 in no particular order.

I also think that people are writing of Ohio State too quickly. True they lost Pryor for the year and a good running back for the first few games, but they were going to lose Pryor next year and they are still loaded with talent so the QB doesn't have to be spectacular for them to win, they just have to manage the game.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Didn't Nebraska win @ok state last year like 52-41? I might have that reversed. But either way, if the game was in Lincoln this yr they would probably win