ISU @ Iowa 2002 - Just in time to get you ready for rivalry week

TedFlintKansas

Mar 5, 2009
thetailgatesociety.com
I can't wait ive been telling my wife of this game for years, I was there live, i can't wait to see it on tv. I was in the iowa student section for this game in an Beat Iowa shirt, and a iowa fan in the first half, Tossed a cup of **** on me. but it was worth it to see their tears after the game

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
ESPN Classic, Monday @ 10:00 a.m. :yes:

Set your DVR.
Dang you Mediacom, but this was probably one of the top 2 football games I've been to....Gotta love Iowa fans going from the highest of highs in the first half to well we all know what happened in the second half.....SENECA WALLACE!!!:yes:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I didn't have a ticket for the game but went to Iowa ****** to tailgate anyway. We were tailgating practically in the shadow of Kinnick with some Hawk friends we have who live in IC . My buddy's wife was talking big and rubbing it in the entire first half. All we could say was that it wasn't over yet, but we were beginning to have doubts. During the second half a couple of us didn't say a word to her. We would just look at her and nod knowingly each time the Clones made a big play. To this day she says she learned her lesson and will never talk smack again.

dzmetcalf

Mar 3, 2010
Ames, IA
Dang you Mediacom, but this was probably one of the top 2 football games I've been to....Gotta love Iowa fans going from the highest of highs in the first half to well we all know what happened in the second half.....SENECA WALLACE!!!:yes:
I remember watching this game in a room full of iowa fans who were heckling me through halftime, they shut up pretty silent come 4th quarter. Probably one of my best highschool memories

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
I remember watching this game in a room full of iowa fans who were heckling me through halftime, they shut up pretty silent come 4th quarter. Probably one of my best highschool memories
I was still in 5th or 6th grade at the time, and my dad pointed out the atypical Iowa fan at the game and to this day, his wise logic has never been disproven....

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Favorite clone game of all time. The second half was simply unbelievable, something out of a made for TV football movie. I remember getting our ***** handed to us the first half and thinking it was going to be an Iowa route, but we came out ****** the second half. My favorite play was Jeremy Lloyd pile-driving that stupid Ames-kid-turned-hawk Aaron Greving for a safety and the collective "oh ****" from the Iowa fans in attendance.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Love love love this game !! Friend was working wanted a radio so she could hear game , so I took radio (Decked in my ISU finest!!) Some people in video store started laughing at me and telling me no need to watch rest game ..I started laughing and said You dont have Seneca Wallace on your team and we Cyclones Never say Die ! Went home caught second half I so wanted to find everyone of those people ..

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
I can't wait ive been telling my wife of this game for years, I was there live, i can't wait to see it on tv. I was in the iowa student section for this game in an Beat Iowa shirt, and a iowa fan in the first half, Tossed a cup of **** on me. but it was worth it to see their tears after the game

**** = urine?
If so I would be :realmad:

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
I was @ the 2002 game. Went out for a smoke at halftime and all the Hawk fans were telling me to go home now, beat the traffic. I took it on the chin, considering we were getting our tails handed to us. Seneca pulled that game out and cost Iowa a NC shot. We may have lost 35-3 and 35-7 the last 2 years, but that 2002 game had to be harder to swallow than any game in this series history.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I was at a bar in IC that day. We were one table of ISU fans surrounded by Iowa fans. By the end of the game only about 15 of them remained. It was glorious! I heard a quieter bar in my life.

CSheen

Feb 10, 2011
Im glad the players aren't on the same track as cyclonefanatic this week, We play UNI this weekend... One game at a time. JUCO QB is exciting, but we could just as easily start 0-3 as 3-0. keepcoolmybabies. one.at.a.time.

Seneca Wallace

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

**** = urine?
If so I would be :realmad:

that should never happen to anyone, but if you're going to wear a rivals shirt in your rivals student section, you won't get any sympathy from me.

Cyguy4IA

Sep 8, 2010

Wait, an Iowa fan tossed a cup of S**T on you? Man, thats gross. I guess the more important question here is why was this person S******G in a cup???

Cyguy4IA

Sep 8, 2010
Haha ya it was urine my friend beside me took off at halftime I was to stubborn to leave. things like that are why I will never go to Iowa city again to watch the game

WTF Panda, did you atleast bust this guys teeth up? I appluad you for sticking it out but if someone throws a cup of urine on me we are both getting kicked out. If there is any sliver lining to this then atleast it was your buddies urine.......

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
I wonder what he was going to do with a cup of urine if not for a Cyclone fan wearing a Beat Iowa shirt showing up? Someone must have tipped him off to an interloper in the midst of all those fired up kids from Illinois.