Tailgating Menu - UNI Game

ianuni57

Nov 28, 2007
Central Iowa
Is it too early to start a thread on tailgating menu for this Saturday? What is everyone thinking of cooking up this Saturday?

We are having a difficult time coming up with something new and would like to hear what everyone else is thinking.

Our potential ideas are:
pork loin
bbq pork
I want to find a recipe for something buffalo wing style. Maybe homemade wings.
All else fails, brats and burgers.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Bacon Explosion!!!

bacon%20explosion%20cut.JPG

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Im thinking of smoking a turkey or a few chickens the day before and pulling them for sandwiches.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
You mean for my seasoning, or what?

I'm just going to cut the bone off friday night, season, and throw it on the grill saturday. Probably top it with some cheese and Gates BBQ sauce.

Yeah, seasoning, rub, or marinade, whatever you prefer. Seems like most people have their own trick for getting their meat just right, and I like to learn what other people are doing.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
beer brats with a sizzling side of panther later on...

silly me. My first scan of your post read "beer brats with a sizzling side of panther lather on..."

After a few seconds of consideration, I decided to re-read your post, and of course it made more sense.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Yeah, seasoning, rub, or marinade, whatever you prefer. Seems like most people have their own trick for getting their meat just right, and I like to learn what other people are doing.

Lately, I've been going with a combination of garlic salt, parika, black pepper, cumin, and ancho chile powder on my pork. I've been doing dry rubs on almost everything I've grilled the past couple years. The exception is deer. I cook deer at a few tailgates, and ALWAYS marinate it.

That's probably what I'll hit it with on saturday.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Bison burgers :yes:

A shot of Jameson to start the day and then on to the flippy cup table and bags.

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not sure what I am doing yet. Pork chop sandwiches are easy. I like to use a thinner cut of boneless pork and marinate it in something first then throw it on the grill. Lots of possibilities depending on what you like for flavor our you can just grill it plain with a little bit of seasoning and add some BBQ sauce too.

In the past I've done boneless pork roast and sliced it off for sandwiches too, for chicken boneless breasts, chicken quarters, chicken drumsticks, or even wings, can do all sorts of things with all those too.

Beef is a little more tricky, pretty limited to steaks, boneless ribs, and burgers but you can do something like a hobo dinner where you take hamburger, cheese, and veggies and put them in tin foil to cook. Those are pretty good if you put the right ammounts of seasoning and contents in it Seems like the chunk cheese works better than the shredded every time I have done them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron