Transportation to Ames/ UNI game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Is there any sort of shuttle or party bus or anything that goes from Des Moines up to Ames on gameday?
My buddies and I would prefer not to draw straws to see who gets to be the DD that day.
So im wondering if there are any other options at all that anyone knows of?

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
That would be a good business idea, except you'd probably have someone puke in the shuttle bus every weekend.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
That would be a good business idea, except you'd probably have someone puke in the shuttle bus every weekend.

Its such a good idea that I started thinking that there very well may be something of the sort. Although ive never heard of anything.
It makes perfect sense.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
You could just stay in Ames somewhere.

Called the Union, like a month ago, and it was already full.
Has the cab service in Ames gotten any better?
I think one or maybe even two of the people going would prefer to return to DSM that night. So was hoping for some sort of shuttle bus.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Its such a good idea that I started thinking that there very well may be something of the sort. Although ive never heard of anything.
It makes perfect sense.

I would charge $200 per head up front including $150 deposit. If you puke, I keep the whole $200. If you don't, I return the $150.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If I lived in Des Moines I would be thinking about starting up that business. I'd be willing to forego booze to rake in some money on gameday. Could probably pay for your season tickets and then some if you had a full van for every game.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Called the Union, like a month ago, and it was already full.
Has the cab service in Ames gotten any better?
I think one or maybe even two of the people going would prefer to return to DSM that night. So was hoping for some sort of shuttle bus.
Well that's one place down out of about 20. Tell one of the two people that want to return to DSM that night that they have been crowned DD.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Well that's one place down out of about 20. Tell one of the two people that want to return to DSM that night that they have been crowned DD.

Its the only place in walking distance though right? Maybe the Gateway Holiday Inn.
And yeah, I should! ha

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its the only place in walking distance though right? Maybe the Gateway Holiday Inn.
And yeah, I should! ha

There are 2 other hotels right next to Gateway, and Holiday Inn and a Best Western, I believe.