Jake Mcdonough

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I dont know if this has been posted (my luck probably has) but here is a video of him [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=KTmLmqNUrXs]YouTube - Jake McDonough[/ame]

cant wait to see wat he does for us

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Seems like a good tackler and he has good instincts in finding the ball. But, is it me or does he seem slow off the ball? In a lot of the clips, he is one of the last ones on the DL getting off the ball when it is snapped. He may be a guy that they try to put 30-40 lbs on and move inside.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Seems like a good tackler and he has good instincts in finding the ball. But, is it me or does he seem slow off the ball? In a lot of the clips, he is one of the last ones on the DL getting off the ball when it is snapped. He may be a guy that they try to put 30-40 lbs on and move inside.

totally agree, it did seem like he was slow off the ball...I wonder if it could be something technique-wise that could be corrected?

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Very slow off the ball. Definately not much of a pass rusher. Does a good job of getting his head up and seeing the play though.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Very slow off the ball. Definately not much of a pass rusher. Does a good job of getting his head up and seeing the play though.

He may not be the fastest, but i think a lot of those plays hes slow off the ball because he holding his position and reading the play. i dont think they're having him bull rush the passer much, cause most teams dont drop back to pass a whole lot, mostly rushing.

Last edited:

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
RipV is correct...I have been to many Valley games this year and McDonough is not their speed rusher. He is used to plug the gaps, and read the plays. Valley has 4 down lineman, but they also have one off the edge as the speed rusher, so their defense is alittle bit different.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
RipV is correct...I have been to many Valley games this year and McDonough is not their speed rusher. He is used to plug the gaps, and read the plays. Valley has 4 down lineman, but they also have one off the edge as the speed rusher, so their defense is alittle bit different.

Interesting, does he have a future in the middle then? Just curious as to where we can expect him. I mean we do have Robertson and Marshall on the edge as well.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I could see him making the switch with a redshirt year in the strength and condtioning program. If Sheppard could add 20-30 lbs, and some bulk...I could see him filling Braaksma's role.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
He may not be teh fastest, but i think a lot of those plays hes slow off teh ball because he holding his position and reading the play. i dont think they're having him bull rush the passer much, cause most teams dont drop back to pass a whole lot, mostly rushing.

You type like tough as rain man. Is the Sprague?:biglaugh:

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
i would rather have a guy thats naturally a DE and only kinda fast play DT than to have a natural DT who is slower have to play DE.

then we make our LBs into DEs...our safetys into LBs and get track guys to play DB and we will have the team speed that we need.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron