Brooks injury & Freshmen to possibly see PT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
La Gesse's article yesterday mentioned Earl Brooks suffered a significant knee injury & MRI results are coming in for final assessment.

Also stated Brundrage, Miller, Brackens likely to play as true freshmen - also added Daniels might also see action.

Stinks for E Brooks - best wishes for him & a successful & speedy (as much as it can be) recovery.

Congratulations to the true freshmen. Apparently they came prepared & are working hard. Very happy & proud to see Daniels mentioned - with quick position change and all.

My apologies if already posted - searched quickly & did not see. Giddy for the season to start!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I think Daniels and Brundrage have the potential to give us the best 1-2 punch we have seen at WR in a long long time

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
La Gesse's article yesterday mentioned Earl Brooks suffered a significant knee injury & MRI results are coming in for final assessment.

Also stated Brundrage, Miller, Brackens likely to play as true freshmen - also added Daniels might also see action.

Stinks for E Brooks - best wishes for him & a successful & speedy (as much as it can be) recovery.

I think Daniels and Brundrage have the potential to give us the best 1-2 punch we have seen at WR in a long long time

FYI, folks--there's only one 'r' in "Bundrage". :rolleyes:

Quenton Bundrage - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Bundrage was said to be the most polished receiver we have by the staff. I like hearing that. As for Daniels... when a kid switches from QB to WR it bodes well for a successful position change. QB's are typically real students of the game. They have the best grasp of the offense overall and they know not only their responsibilities but those of the lineman, running backs, receivers, etc.... When you take into account his size advantage and knowledge he could be a real weapon and a lethal downfield blocker. There won't be too many DB's that can match his size.

cycoticfan

Dec 14, 2008
Johnston IA
Bundrage was said to be the most polished receiver we have by the staff. I like hearing that. As for Daniels... when a kid switches from QB to WR it bodes well for a successful position change. QB's are typically real students of the game. They have the best grasp of the offense overall and they know not only their responsibilities but those of the lineman, running backs, receivers, etc.... When you take into account his size advantage and knowledge he could be a real weapon and a lethal downfield blocker. There won't be too many DB's that can match his size.

I think they said most polished freshman receiver. That said, his size and skill level could be a key in a couple of games.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I hope that Daniels keeps the RS on. I believe that he could be a dominant TE in a few years and I'd rather not waste a year on mop-up time at WR.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA

My apologies for the typo & subsequent misspellings.
More importantly, my apologies to Mr. Bundrage. I'm sure the volume of big plays he provides over the next 4 years and resulting media frenzy repeating his name spelled the correct way will by the largest reminder to all on how to spell his name correctly! :yes:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Has it been said whether Brooks is done for good? Or will he RS and be back next year?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I saw Brooks on campus today. Noticeable limp, but no crutches or anything.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Has it been said whether Brooks is done for good? Or will he RS and be back next year?

I think Earl has already redshirted but maybe he could get an additional medical redshirt if he wants to stay another year. I guess that would be IF he is out the entire season.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv

based on what? i assume you haven't seen them play against big 12 competition either right? not trying to be snippy or condescending but its a sorry, just a little premature in predicting blythe/danielson/jj moses type talent based on nothing more than height and weight.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I am blaming all of these injuries we have seen over the past couple of weeks to that ******* who started a thread about how great it was that we haven't see any injuries.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Thanks Clones 21. Yeah, that is great size.