Key West

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
So is this a pre-wedding honey-moon, or did you forget to call the fiance a wife??:wink:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Ok, so my fiance and I finally landed on Key West for our honeymoon, partly because we weren't convinced we would get passports in time to go further south. Anyone have places that we should see? Thanks

You are on your honeymoon and posting on this site? :wideeyed:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ok, so my fiance and I finally landed on Key West for our honeymoon, partly because we weren't convinced we would get passports in time to go further south. Anyone have places that we should see? Thanks

Find a good guide and go flats fishing, way more fun then deep sea, not sure what the wifey will think of this though... The daily sunset fest is well....interesting... Lots of good live music, might even see Bronson Arroyo playing...

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I was down there 6 or 7 years ago and we just played it by ear. Had a great time.
Check out the place that sells nothing but hot sauce. Hopefully it's still there. Some of that stuff will knock you on your butt. They have a bar set up and you can test a lot of them.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Its the last time you're going to get any so take advantage of it.

I dont like your attitude. Women are people too and deserve the upmost respect. Stop objectifying them with your caveman ways.

snicker snicker....... Ok shes not looking anymore.

I agree completely. =)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Its the last time you're going to get any so take advantage of it.

I call bullsh*t.

On Key West, I know nothing about it.

IMO, on vacations, have a few things planned that you know you want to do, but wing the rest of it.

We've had far more fun recently on our vacations because we didn't plan much of it ahead of time. We collected some info up front on our destination and gathered advice from people living there or people that have traveled there before (CF members have been helpful). And, we'll take our laptop along so while we're there, we can look up other activities and get detailed directions on the fly.

Sometimes you get there and the activities you planned don't look as good as they did before. Weather tosses a wrench in your plans. You change your minds, etc. We've had some of that and were disappointed we didn't do what we had planned ahead of time - as if we had to follow that by the book.

Winging it, you do what you want based on your mood, one day at a time.

Has worked perfectly for our last few vacations.

Last edited:

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
If you like snorkeling but are tired of just swimming around in circles, try rock lobster hunting. You snorkel with gloves, a net, and a metal stick and try and snag rock lobsters hiding under rocks. I did this when down there last year and had a great time.....and had an even better time eating the lobsters. (you need a cheap liscense)

Other than that, I would suggest just renting scooters or bikes and riding around....it's a pretty cool town. Not sure what you're into, but make sure you know what clubs you might go into at night.....there's quite the mix of club types down there.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If you like snorkeling but are tired of just swimming around in circles, try rock lobster hunting. You snorkel with gloves, a net, and a metal stick and try and snag rock lobsters hiding under rocks. I did this when down there last year and had a great time.....and had an even better time eating the lobsters. (you need a cheap liscense)

Other than that, I would suggest just renting scooters or bikes and riding around....it's a pretty cool town. Not sure what you're into, but make sure you know what clubs you might go into at night.....there's quite the mix of club types down there.
That brings up another point.....we're going in February, avg highs 76 low 66. Water colder than hell? We went to Daytona Beach last February, and the water was Titanic life boat cold.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

The tickle stick! I love lobstering... No claws, but the tails taste just like Maine lobster... My roomate my first two years of college was from Islamarada, just south of Key Largo. Everytime his parents came up for a game they would bring a cooler full of fish and lobster, it was great! Not to mention the long weekends we would spend down there...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron