Steele Jantz Quote

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
He closed the gap when he stepped on campus. He just needs to keep learning to make the jump.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Yea but did he say if any of his teammates liked him?

Really? When are you guys gonna let this go? Team chemistry is an important component in success. CPR also said the guy that gets the locker room to back him up will win the job. Let's just derail some more threads by making a mockery of another.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Really? When are you guys gonna let this go? Team chemistry is an important component in success. CPR also said the guy that gets the locker room to back him up will win the job. Let's just derail some more threads by making a mockery of another.

I'm pretty sure your sarcasm detector is broken. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess the jimlad is always needed for some people to understand he was making a joke. Hope this helps.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Looks like we aren't the only ones with QB still to be settled
UCONN

Texas, too. Weeks 3 and 5 will be interesting to see which previously embattled QB can overcome the opposing defense more effectively. Iowa State should have a better running back situation than UConn and Texas, so that should help us.

I've been saying all along that the QB battle isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, anyway. We need the skill position guys to step up to make it easier for the QB, regardless of who that turns out to be.

CycloneSports

Aug 4, 2011
The State of Iowa
I hoenstly think the coaching staff has told him he has basically got the job(behind closed doors). I'm guessing they just said, "Come in and practice hard and you've got the job" Because Steeles attitude is telling me he's not worried at all about losing the starting job. Just my opinion.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Texas, too. Weeks 3 and 5 will be interesting to see which previously embattled QB can overcome the opposing defense more effectively. Iowa State should have a better running back situation than UConn and Texas, so that should help us.

I've been saying all along that the QB battle isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, anyway. We need the skill position guys to step up to make it easier for the QB, regardless of who that turns out to be.
I think Texas is set. You will be hearing Malcolm Brown a lot this season.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
If it helps any people are taking shots at each other on most all message boards. It makes no difference which school colors you wear. Fans are bored out of their minds and ready for some football. And yes, Bill Snyder is so old that he puffs dust when he breaks wind.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
I hoenstly think the coaching staff has told him he has basically got the job(behind closed doors). I'm guessing they just said, "Come in and practice hard and you've got the job" Because Steeles attitude is telling me he's not worried at all about losing the starting job. Just my opinion.

I highly doubt this happened.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas

I am guessing the chance this happened is 0.0000009%. No chance the coaching staff would let one QB know under these circumstances. This QB battles is being talked about daily.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

I can't see that at all. CPR wears his heart on his sleeve, I can't see him stringing along Tiller and Barnett if Steele had it all but locked up. I really believe what he said on media day. (Tiller knows the playbook. Steele is the most athletic. Barnett was the most accurate.) When one gets the other 2, they'll have a starter.

I will say that to me, those things make it look down for Tiller. It's a lot easier to learn the playbook quickly than to be more athletic or more accurate quickly.

I don't think we're far off on how likely it is that Steele starts, but I just don't think the decision is made. But honestly, I like that, based on what they said. Whoever gets it has earned it, rather than getting it by being the "next in line".

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
This "battle" will continue after August 20th. Meyer battled Flynn into mid season, Arnaud battled Bates. Look for the same this season. I'm not going to stress about it; someone will separate themself from the others on the playing field. I'm tired of these threads...

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO the thing that concerns the coaching staff and all of Cyclone Nation is the fact that when Tiller has led the offense we haven't put any points on the board. It has been an absolute struggle. We had the same problem in 2003. We couldn't score. Flynn had some of the same problems as Tiller. They will put 8 or 9 men in the box.

Reactions: CyDude16

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
This "battle" will continue after August 20th. Meyer battled Flynn into mid season, Arnaud battled Bates. Look for the same this season. I'm not going to stress about it; someone will separate themself from the others on the playing field. I'm tired of these threads...

Where I think you may be correct here, it may not be the case. There is a lot of time until August 20th for a QB to take the clear cut lead (or not at all). Either way, like others hvae said it will definitely be earned.