Clark to Iowa

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't really think we were. After Meeks and Bauer, we are concentrating on 149-165 and 174-184
If ISU wanted someone near that weight, they could probably get Thomas Gilman, who really looked sharp when he tore through Clark in Fargo. Gilman has received very little recrutiing interest. He may not be a qualifier.

I am hoping for Clark Glass or Justin Koethe. I think Glass is the better prospect at this point. Also getting Gage Harrah would be great. If we get Massa I would pass out with excitement.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
If ISU wanted someone near that weight, they could probably get Thomas Gilman, who really looked sharp when he tore through Clark in Fargo. Gilman has received very little recrutiing interest. He may not be a qualifier.

I am hoping for Clark Glass or Justin Koethe. I think Glass is the better prospect at this point. Also getting Gage Harrah would be great. If we get Massa I would pass out with excitement.

Heard we are concentrating on Iowa boys and Massa. Massa is a long shot, but is KJ's #1 priority. I think Harrah and Glass or not in the mix right now. I thinks it Massa, Koethe, Gabe Moreno, and maybe Miklus and Meyer. Gilman was on radar early on, but with Bauer and Meeks is not primiary target right now. Thats from what people closer to the program are saying.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Heard we are concentrating on Iowa boys and Massa. Massa is a long shot, but is KJ's #1 priority. I think Harrah and Glass or not in the mix right now. I thinks it Massa, Koethe, Gabe Moreno, and maybe Miklus and Meyer. Gilman was on radar early on, but with Bauer and Meeks is not primiary target right now. Thats from what people closer to the program are saying.

Seems like we abandoned Brandon in this class. Harrah sounds like a Big Ten lean, so I don't really see the problem there, but he is the best available at the upper weights since Petersen is going to Wisky. I wonder if Cozart is unhappy being far away from the family.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Seems like we abandoned Brandon in this class. Harrah sounds like a Big Ten lean, so I don't really see the problem there, but he is the best available at the upper weights since Petersen is going to Wisky. I wonder if Cozart is unhappy being far away from the family.

I think its money. The top Brandon kids such as Liberatore and Bruno would match up with the weights of Meeks and Bauer. and Glass would match up with Koethe, so you pursue the Iowa kids 1st. (Can give an Iowa kids less because of in state tuition vs and out state kid paying out of state tuition)

Talk on Hawkeye board is Miklus and Koethe are going to sign with Iowa, if true the Brandon kids might come on the radar.

sredman1985

Oct 23, 2006
I'll admit I don't follow wrestling. What I can tell you is I was one of Cory's elementary teachers at SEP. I think the year I taught him he won 4 or 5 national tournaments all over the country. As hard as I tried, he never waivered from his intense loyalty to the Hawkeyes. I knew then he was going to be great and it was a forgone conclusion that he would attend Iowa if the opportunity ever presented itself. I assume the ISU staff sensed the same thing.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Gilman has DEFINITELY had a lot of interest, including OK ST and Nebraska. Oddly enough, Iowa hasn't sniffed around him much even though he has very publically expressed his desire to go to Iowa.

Now rumors are that Koethe has committed to Iowa and Miklus isn't far behind these two.

Pardon me while I puke though I'm VERY happy with Meeks.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I think Jessman Smith (former Hawk) is an assistant at SEP. Correct me if I'm wrong.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Gilman has DEFINITELY had a lot of interest, including OK ST and Nebraska. Oddly enough, Iowa hasn't sniffed around him much even though he has very publically expressed his desire to go to Iowa.

Now rumors are that Koethe has committed to Iowa and Miklus isn't far behind these two.

Pardon me while I puke though I'm VERY happy with Meeks.

Koethe committing would be a big blow to ISUs class. We really need him if we are abandoning Glass. I didn't think Iowa was going after him that hard.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
He has been in the past. He's a graduate of SEP.

People close to Iowa State recruiting are saying Koethe and Miklus are not Iowa locks. Not saying they won't sign with Iowa, but Iowa State is still in the mix.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron