Coach Speak from Burnham?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Football - News - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Does coach Wally Burnham seem disappointed by some of the players study habits in meetings? Or was he just praising Jake Knott on his good study habits? Saying that even after telling the team during a meeting to write down everything he has to say so they can review it, then notices that Jake is the only one taking notes.

It makes me a little disappointed to hear, it seems that the players believe that they can make a big move this year and surprise the pundits. It sounds like a lot of the team put in the work in the off season, on their bodies. It will go all for not if they don't learn from the coaches during the short time they have before the season starts, and put in the work on the mental side too.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Football - News - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Does coach Wally Burnham seem disappointed by some of the players study habits in meetings? Or was he just praising Jake Knott on his good study habits? Saying that even after telling the team during a meeting to write down everything he has to say so they can review it, then notices that Jake is the only one taking notes.

It makes me a little disappointed to hear, it seems that the players believe that they can make a big move this year and surprise the pundits. It sounds like a lot of the team put in the work in the off season, on their bodies. It will go all for not if they don't learn from the coaches during the short time they have before the season starts, and put in the work on the mental side too.

I really think you heard him wrong. He said that even though he'd said the same thing 500 times, Jake was the only one writing it down. That doesn't mean the rest of them are slackers, just that Jake is super ... I don't know; what's the word ... intense, crazy, anal, forgetful unless he writes it down? I don't think it was a reflection on the other guys at all.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
I really think you heard him wrong. He said that even though he'd said the same thing 500 times, Jake was the only one writing it down. That doesn't mean the rest of them are slackers, just that Jake is super ... I don't know; what's the word ... intense, crazy, anal, forgetful unless he writes it down? I don't think it was a reflection on the other guys at all.

I'm pretty sure anal was the correct term :cute:

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Between being concerned how many friends Steele Jantz has on the team to being worried about how players are taking notes during meetings, I can't wait for football to start just so people have something worthwhile to discuss.

Reactions: kilgore_trout

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Between being concerned how many friends Steele Jantz has on the team to being worried about how players are taking notes during meetings, I can't wait for football to start just so people have something worthwhile to discuss.

^This

Next up on Cyclone Fanatic: "What color polo will CPR wear?" The fierce debate between cardinal and white will rage.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Next up on Cyclone Fanatic: "What color polo will CPR wear?" The fierce debate between cardinal and white will rage.

But what about the gold polo, i hear that is the dark horse.:jimlad:

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Well I hope it was just things that Wally has said a thousand times b4. Our team dosen't have room to error if they are going to make a move this season and I am one that believes they can, if they work hard in all phases, mind, body, and culture. I too am ready for the real football.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
He was praising Jakes's leadership abilities and his readiness to learn, that is all. Stop reading too much into stuff.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

Like how much better the backup QB(s) is(are) than the guy who is actually starting.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
He was praising Jakes's leadership abilities and his readiness to learn, that is all. Stop reading too much into stuff.
Pretty sure he wants them all to take notes. It came up a couple times today and it wasn't a suggestion.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Pretty sure he wants them all to take notes. It came up a couple times today and it wasn't a suggestion.

maybe i'm not completely crazy :v_SPIN: well...probably I am. but i know what i saw on the video, he was questioning some of the people on the team mental preparation, enough to be worried about, idk, thats what i was asking?

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
maybe i'm not completely crazy :v_SPIN: well...probably I am. but i know what i saw on the video, he was questioning some of the people on the team mental preparation, enough to be worried about, idk, thats what i was asking?

No, he wasn't. he was praising Jake. That's it. End of story. He CLEARLY said it was stuff he has said 500 times before. At that point, I don't think notes will do you much good if you don't know it by now.