MLB: Molina freak out....no suspension?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina

SLCyclone

Apr 4, 2006
It looked like a strike. The guy has a problem. There is no need for that.

Creed

Mar 14, 2011
Fort Dodge
Wow, he needs to be suspended, he made contact with the umpire and "spit" on his face, not to mention the profanities. How can that not be a suspension?

That being said, lmao at Tony LaRussa. That was funny and all sorts of b.s.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What a joke! Suspend him. That wasn't a bad call. It was close and could have gone either way (didnt watch the game so I can't judge the umps strike zone) But It looked good to me. Yadi take some anger management classes you firecracker!

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Wow, he needs to be suspended, he made contact with the umpire and "spit" on his face, not to mention the profanities. How can that not be a suspension?

That being said, lmao at Tony LaRussa. That was funny and all sorts of b.s.

According to the ESPN article he didn't spit, he spittled. Whatever the hell that means.... haha!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I would have thought he would have been suspended 2 games but I guess not. Its not the worst freak out I have seen but he should be sat down. And the Ump over dramatized the "spit" incident.

Creed

Mar 14, 2011
Fort Dodge
I would have thought he would have been suspended 2 games but I guess not. Its not the worst freak out I have seen but he should be sat down. And the Ump over dramatized the "spit" incident.

I agree, he was still wiping off the "spit" after Molina was in the dugout. Bunch of clowns.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I agree, he was still wiping off the "spit" after Molina was in the dugout. Bunch of clowns.

I don't know, looks like that could be spit dripping off the umps chin to me.

Second-spitter-Only-Newman-knows-594x333.jpg

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
The whole thing is quite hysterical in slo-mo.

My theory that anyone with a neck tat is a piece of **** remains unchallenged.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Ump had terrible zone all day. Called strike 3 wasn't even close. Yadi needed to vent about everything that had happened in the 9+ innings prior to that point. I don't blame him.

With that said I am very surprised that he didn't get suspended.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
This guy has a history of being a thug and losing his cool. He should be suspended for this incident alone, but add in his history and I am shocked he didn't get punished.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
:biglaugh:
Called strike 3 wasn't even close.
:biglaugh:

It was right down the middle.Look at the video.Way too close to take for strike 3 anyways.

As the catcher...he should have known the zone by the 10th inning.

I agree that Drake was terrible,as usual......for both sides.

I was at the game and it looked really bad in person.Reminded me of the Roberto Alomar incident.

I was just shocked that he wasnt suspended and wanted to get some feedback.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
This guy has a history of being a thug and losing his cool.

You have got to be kidding me. You know nothing about Yadier Molina if you honestly believe this.

Leave it to every other NL Central team's fans to rip on the Cardinals at every opportunity. No surprises there... jealousy is ugly.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It was right down the middle.Look at the video.Way too close to take for strike 3 anyways.

As the catcher...he should have known the zone by the 10th inning.

I agree that Drake was terrible,as usual......for both sides.

Uhh... if you saw the video with the FSN "K-Zone" you know that pitch was well off the zone inside.

Drake had an awful zone all night. You could hear the fans ripping on him all game on the television broadcast.

Yadi couldn't know the zone because it wasn't consistently bad... it was inconsistent, all-over-the-place bad.

Like I said though, I do agree that he should have been suspended. But that pitch was not close.

EDIT: Here is a link to the highlight video showing just how off the plate that pitch was. It's the first highlight.

Last edited: