Decent read about ISU's confidence

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Our confidence will be on trial for the Iowa game. it will be a big one. Home game on national TV. Time to do it.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Remember when Turner Gill was listed as a possibility for the ISU job? Glad that didn't happen. In fact, glad nobody else got hired. Put CPR anywhere in the country, I'd want my kid to play for him.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Remember when Turner Gill was listed as a possibility for the ISU job? Glad that didn't happen. In fact, glad nobody else got hired. Put CPR anywhere in the country, I'd want my kid to play for him.

True 'dat :yes:

Definitely excited for this whole season. It may not be huge, at least compared to Texas last year, but two games I'm hoping for a win most this season are Iowa and Tech. Iowa for obvious reasons (see past few seasons), but Tech just because there always seems to be some sort of hype about them and it would be good to see CPR get the best of his former boss on a regular basis and develop a rivalry with Tech.

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
I agree with the confidence bit. I have met Coach Rhoads several times (first time when he coached for Mac) and I have gotten nothing but respect from the man and for the man. He's the type of coach I would have loved to have played for, given the chance.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I think Iowa State has a pretty great coaching staff in general, you look at CPR, and Burnham, Herman, there is quite a pedigree of coaches sitting behind our sidelines. I think this contributes to why our team is so confident. With Cheeeesick they weren't confident behind thier leadership and coaching.\

I hope this year we see real growth from our younger players, that would be a win for me.

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
“We don’t have superstars, we don’t have players other teams fear,” Rhoads said. “The fact is, we’ve coached 25 games and I haven’t gone into one game where I thought our players didn’t think we could win the game.”

You can't beat this quote and attitude will win more games than anything else. This is what was missing in the years of Mac. I love the guy, but he couldn't get his players to believe they could win (other than Iowa). Even with the talent he had in some of those years, they could have won a lot more. Rhoads leads by respect and players will follow him into any game with the believe that they can come out on top. I have said it 1,000 times...Mac brought us to a good program, Rhoads will help make ISU a great program.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010

Definitely excited for this whole season. It may not be huge, at least compared to Texas last year, but two games I'm hoping for a win most this season are Iowa and Tech. Iowa for obvious reasons (see past few seasons), but Tech just because there always seems to be some sort of hype about them and it would be good to see CPR get the best of his former boss on a regular basis and develop a rivalry with Tech.
The game last year had a bit of a rivalry feel to it. Just back and forth. Hopefully that is the start of something good!

Reactions: CY22

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
The game last year had a bit of a rivalry feel to it. Just back and forth. Hopefully that is the start of something good!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Not one of these "rivalries" some people talk about that are completely one sided or consistently one team dominates the other, but instead a true rivalry where these back-and-forth close games are the norm with an occasional sprinkle of dominance.

BirdDog

May 23, 2011

Two games to win should be Oklahoma and Texas (again). That would sure boost confidence.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron