tommy tuberville is a

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
big ckicken****. he just got texas tech to drop their game with texas christian university this fall.IS TUBERVILLE AFRAID THE HORNED FROGS WOULD KICK HIS ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm sure he expects they would lose to TCU, and he's doing everything he can to get his team easy wins to get to a bowl game.

I would have loved it if we were able to drop the Utah game last year.... it was the difference between a bowl game and none. I would love it if we could drop UCONN this year as well.

Reactions: CyBobby and ajk4st8

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm sure he expects they would lose to TCU, and he's doing everything he can to get his team easy wins to get to a bowl game.

I would have loved it if we were able to drop the Utah game last year.... it was the difference between a bowl game and none. I would love it if we could drop UCONN this year as well.

Completely agree!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Im with you. There was an article earlier this week how mid to low end of the big 12 is going to be hurt from the 9 team schedule. The only way to counteract that hurt is to decrease the difficulty in the first 3 games.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
big ckicken****. he just got texas tech to drop their game with texas christian university this fall.IS TUBERVILLE AFRAID THE HORNED FROGS WOULD KICK HIS ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you.

Kinda like the growing faction of Cyclone supporters want us to drop the Iowa game. Chickens.....

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Teams that go 3-6 in conference shouldn't even be eligible for a bowl game.

Id go the opposite direction. Why is a team that plays in the big 12 or SEC, even with a losing record, any less deserving than say a mac team like Northern Illinois that any one of those 3 conference win teams could roll over? SOS should matter.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Id go the opposite direction. Why is a team that plays in the big 12 or SEC, even with a losing record, any less deserving than say a mac team like Northern Illinois that any one of those 3 conference win teams could roll over? SOS should matter.

Less bowls would fix the whole issue :wink:

Reactions: Go2Guy

Cyclone04

Apr 5, 2011
Dropped them for this fall?? How do you drop a team this close to the season? They wont get anybody to replace them on the schedule this late.

That's pretty lame if true!!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

This. at the end of the day I'd rather be in a bowl game (and I think a good amount of fans would agree) then if we were to play UCONN tough and lose, rather than beat some "cupcake." We drop the Utah game last year and Paul Rhoads & Co. are in their 2nd straight bowl game. that helps build a program momentum.

I'd love to see us drop UCONN for Tennesse Tech, Akron, LA-Monroe, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, etc. at this point. No shame in it...it's just smart given that we already play Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Okie State. We have a hard enough schedule as it is.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Tech had the same record in conference as we did last year.
We beat them.
They won 8 games!

They played 3 more patsy non conf teams and celebrated an 8 win season!

Coach Rhoads:
You’ve got UConn and Iowa. Is that something you want to continue to do, is out of your three non-conference games have two of them from BCS-level schools, or would you like to scale that back? Most teams don’t try something like that.
My wife likes our job, and I sort of do, too, so, no, that’s not a direction I’d like to move playing 11 BCS opponents every year. And a change is in place in 2012 and beyond to get away from that challenging of a schedule.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are scared about playing UCONN?? An average team who lost alot of players from last year.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This. at the end of the day I'd rather be in a bowl game (and I think a good amount of fans would agree) then if we were to play UCONN tough and lose, rather than beat some "cupcake." We drop the Utah game last year and Paul Rhoads & Co. are in their 2nd straight bowl game. that helps build a program momentum.

If crappy bowl games built programs, Northern Illinois should be a powerhouse by now. They've been to 5 in 7 years. Programs build on 7-8 win seasons, not constantly floating around mediocrity. The difference between 5 wins and 6 wins is pretty close to nothing.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If crappy bowl games built programs, Northern Illinois should be a powerhouse by now. They've been to 5 in 7 years. Programs build on 7-8 win seasons, not constantly floating around mediocrity. The difference between 5 wins and 6 wins is pretty close to nothing.

How many more exposures would our young kids have received had we won 6 games and received an invite to a bowl? I think that is where the benefits are for a football program and an invite to any bowl.

That said...I am already on record stating there are too many bowls!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Im with you. There was an article earlier this week how mid to low end of the big 12 is going to be hurt from the 9 team schedule. The only way to counteract that hurt is to decrease the difficulty in the first 3 games.

Yep... I bet we are the only team in the country who plays 11 BCS teams this season. And one is coming off a BCS bowl, the other a solid season as well. This schedule is a beast!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
You are scared about playing UCONN?? An average team who lost alot of players from last year.

I don't think people should interpret wishing that we could replace a road game vs UConn with a more winnable home game should be considered as being "scared". It is sensible...might be a boring game or a boring matchup...but losing at UConn could kill our season. I know we want to match up against good programs and I know we should expect to win those matchups.

One needs to evaluate where our program is right now...are we a program that needs to be playing BCS non-conference opponents on the road or are we a program that needs to give CPR as realistic chance as possible to get to 6 wins?

I say the the second choice...the first choice can come down the road when/if CPR builds the program to the heights he aspires to.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Scared? I don't think that is the word for it. I would prefer to have a sure win then to take on another BCS team, on the road.

Plus, I think anyone who was at the last UCONN-ISU game is still suffering from post-traumatic stress from that ugly excuse for a football game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron