Great game, lame crowd

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
i sit in the part not in the sun and was hooping n hollering with the cold wind blowing in face while the warmer sun part with wind block was quite and nonexistent most of the time, where was everyone at today?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I didn't think the crowd was exceptional, but seemed pretty energetic. Seriously, our crowd is pretty damn good for being a 2-8 team!

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
SOunded like a madhouse on TV. When they didn't show the top corners, you would have thought the place was packed.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Sure, it was tamer than OU, but it was far better than the Texas game! And as much as some people want everyone on their feet all game long, it is damn cold out at times, and not everyone is dong to jump at your command. He happy that people showed up and cheered the way they did, because after only winning one game before today really leaves nothing to cheer about. This victory was for more than jus the team, it was for those who still care enough to show up, standing or not, to cheer on their favorite team.

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Maybe it was just my position in the student section, but I thought the stadium was rocking. It was surely as loud as it was during the OU game.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
We had our ups and downs. Personally I find cheering warms you up too (as opposed to sitting on a metal bench...) but hey thats me.

I was hoping for better but given our record, the kick off time and temps, it could have been a lot worse

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Lame my ***, the crowd was awesome in our section the entire game. We even had a student who was right next to me who's dad and brother were here for the weekend so he was in out section with them and he said we were just as loud as the student section. I don't know where you were at but it wasn't our part of the stadium.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I would agree that the crowd was great. I was sitting in the bleachers below the scoreboard and everyone here did an awesome job by staying pumped. I
don't know where you were sitting but by what I could see, the rest of the stadium was pumped as well.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
i sit in the part not in the sun and was hooping n hollering with the cold wind blowing in face while the warmer sun part with wind block was quite and nonexistent most of the time, where was everyone at today?

I really think you post only because you enjoy stirring the pot. Or, you just have little concept about anything. Plus, a thread about attendance already exists...

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/15277-attendance-today.html

Was the attendance less than good? Of course. Were the fans in attendance into the game from start to finish, pushing their team to victory? You betcha.

Last edited:

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
While I would have loved to see the upper deck corners filled, I thought in general the crowd was loud and into that game. We had to stand most of the 4th quarter to see as the defense was being cheered on to come up with a big play.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I thought it was a great crowd! Sure, there could have been more people, but the people who were there were great!

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
Maybe it was just my position in the student section, but I thought the stadium was rocking. It was surely as loud as it was during the OU game.

my part of the student section was dead (bal. R 3rd row). but who cares, we won. ill be on a high all work week.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
While we were doing well, I thought the crowd was great. But, when we started doing all those QB keepers for no gain or a loss, you could just feel the energy leave the stadium. But then there were the ridiculous missed calls that got everyone back in it.

I had been hoping for more people at the game, but considering our record, I don't know how you could expect anymore.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I thought the energy of the crowd was very good but the actual attendance was a little lacking on the East side corners, especially in the upper deck student section. Even our section on the West side upper deck had a few big gaps around us that haven't been there all season.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I guess I didn't really see ISU as that bad of a team coming into today. Last year's 4-8 team was never this competitive vs decent teams. They were getting blown out by mediocre and even bad teams (KU, CU) until the "win one for Mac" game vs Mizzou.

It's a lot easier going to games when you know the team is going to play hard and not give up. I can live with bad play as long as the effort is there.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
Good win today, but why do the students feel they have to rush the field after every win?

SSSSState

Oct 29, 2007
Re: Great game, lame music

The crowds have been loud all year long as long as we weren't down by 53. Cyclone fans have really taken ownership imo. The music however was as lame as can be. I guess you need an AARP card to appreciate the music. Seriously why does every big-time college and NFL stadium play new stuff and rap while we play Jock Jams. I feel dumb for sticking up for it last week.

CyRocket

Jan 31, 2007
The announcers on VS spoke very highly of the crowd. They mentioned several times how everyone was standing. That may have been their perception but still good comments for the TV watchers.