**Official ISU vs KState Post-Game Celebration**

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just a note - we're now tied with Nebraska in the Big XII!!

Note: Nebraska has tie-breaker since they beat us but we'll win at least one more game and they won't:)

C

Cyclone42

GREAT GAME!!

I'm sure everyone remembers the key play against Florida State, in which Seneca Wallace appeared to score a touchdown, but he was ruled out-of-bounds. Well, that not-touchdown near the end of the game today that was ruled unreviewable (I thought all plays were reviewable?) was MUCH more clearly a touchdown than Wallace's. He was well within bounds all the way. I think Kansas State has a legitimate gripe here.

Nevertheless, it was a GREAT game. We are clearly improving. Arnaud-to-Blythe throwing long is a great combination. Meyer just doesn't have the arm strength to take advantage of Blythe's height in long passes, but Arnaud does. I wish we had Blythe for one more year.

Last edited by a moderator:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just a note - we're now tied with Nebraska in the Big XII!!

Note: Nebraska has tie-breaker since they beat us but we'll win at least one more game and they won't:)

Jeremy-Are you posting from the tailgate lot via your crackberry?

Dedicated.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Alexander Robinson is a STUD!!! He ran the ball extremely well and the O-line played well. The defense really stepped up today, especially at the goal line. The D had some critical missed tackles again, but they are improving. Great win and something positive to build on.

GO CLONES!!!!

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Winning=good feeling.

I was happy the staff worked Arnaud into the mix today and he responded. Josh Freeman was very disapointing but I like to think (hope) we had a lil something to do with that.

CyRocket

Jan 31, 2007
Re: GREAT GAME!!

I'm sure everyone remembers the key play against Florida State, in which Seneca Wallace appeared to score a touchdown, but he was ruled out-of-bounds. Well, that touchdown near the end of the game today that was ruled unreviewable (I thought all plays were reviewable?) was MUCH more clearly a touchdown than Wallace's. He was well within bounds all the way. I think Kansas State has a legitimate gripe here.

Nevertheless, it was a GREAT game. We are clearly improving. Arnaud-to-Blythe throwing long is a great combination. Meyer just doesn't have the arm strength to take advantage of Blythe's height in long passes, but Arnaud does. I wish we had Blythe for one more year.

What game were you watching? The one I watched had Meyer throwing a perfect 50 yard completion (not all in the air) to Blythe. Arnaud played well but Meyer has been a class act and doesn't deserve some of the comments thrown at him.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Re: GREAT GAME!!

What game were you watching? The one I watched had Meyer throwing a perfect 50 yard completion (not all in the air) to Blythe. Arnaud played well but Meyer has been a class act and doesn't deserve some of the comments thrown at him.

That was AA not Meyer on that play.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Meyer's longest was for 40 yards, AA's longest was for 51. I believe that the 51 yard pass was the pass in question.

Doesn't matter, great game today.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Great game, luckily I was able to watch it on VERSUS here in Virginia Beach. That's the third game this year I have been able to watch on the tube, Iowa, Oklahoma, and today. The other games I listen to on Yahoo. Great effort...let's keep it rolling.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Per the ESPN.com box score:

1st and 10 at ISU 32 Austen Arnaud pass complete to Todd Blythe for 40 yards to the KanSt 28 for a 1ST down.

2nd and 14 at ISU 38 Bret Meyer pass complete to Todd Blythe for 51 yards to the KanSt 11 for a 1ST down.

Arnaud hit the 40 yarder, Bret hit the 51 yarder. Both great passes.

Last edited:

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Terrific job by the team today, made it all work to get the win. Some holes in the game, but some big plays came our way and we took advantage.

I was impressed by Arnaud and hope he gets some opportunities next week against Colorado as well.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Per the ESPN.com box score:

1st and 10 at ISU 32 Austen Arnaud pass complete to Todd Blythe for 40 yards to the KanSt 28 for a 1ST down.

2nd and 14 at ISU 38Bret Meyer pass complete to Todd Blythe for 51 yards to the KanSt 11 for a 1ST down.

Arnaud hit the 40 yarder, Bret hit the 51 yarder. Both great passes.

Well I was at the game, and I know the one that ended up at the 11 was Arnaud to Blythe. And the 40 yard was Meyer making a fake on a hitch-and-go to Blythe.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Well I was at the game, and I know the one that ended up at the 11 was Arnaud to Blythe. And the 40 yard was Meyer making a fake on a hitch-and-go to Blythe.

Could be, I honestly don't remember. Just posting what ESPN says happened....