Game worn I State helmets

Apr 19, 2006

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
i think the athletes sold them to cys locker room in order to make some quick cash. seem like the USC/tOSU syndrome has hit ames iowa

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I'm pretty sure they put new decals on each week any way, don't they? This would explain a new decal on the helmet.

no, they don't. I am telling you. they were likely game worn a few seasons back but recently have been practice helmets. Now, the gamers move to practice helmets, new gamers are ordered, and practice helmets get new decals and are sold. Happens all the time. UofI ALWAYS has helmets of this type on ebay.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
There was a recent study that came out, I can't find it anywhere now, but heard about it on local radio here in Chicago a few months back, about the safety of certain helmets in the league. Some of them were rated very poorly and they were the favorite helmets of NFL and college players. At least one even received a "not recommended." I wonder if a mass selling off of helmets has anything to do with this.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
$ 250.00 ... Wow thanks Cy's Lockerroom for gouging anyone and everyone you can... I will just continue with my helmet project on
http://helmethead2.zoovy.com/
They have game used and they also have a great collection of replica ridell and schutt helmets for 1/2 that price!!!

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
Does this mean we might be tweaking our helmets this year or just trying to get rid of some of the more battle tested helmets to get newer ones.

I just think the helmet is missing something and is kind of blah. I know don't start a uniform thread!

Look what you did ... I thought that the White Stripe on the Secondaries helmets at the Spring game were pretty B.A.! Would be sweet to see a little tweak and please more games with the Gold Jersey's = Possibility of All Gold Uni

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Look what you did ... I thought that the White Stripe on the Secondaries helmets at the Spring game were pretty B.A.! Would be sweet to see a little tweak and please more games with the Gold Jersey's = Possibility of All Gold Uni

an all gold uni would look awful....even our current ones look better than those would

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
i think the athletes sold them to cys locker room in order to make some quick cash. seem like the USC/tOSU syndrome has hit ames iowa

I'll never understand this. The university can sell a game worn item. But if the university gives (aka: transfers possession to) the athlete the same item and the athlete sells it while he's still a student, then the player is ineligible...yeah, there's nothing wrong with that?

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
I'll never understand this. The university can sell a game worn item. But if the university gives (aka: transfers possession to) the athlete the same item and the athlete sells it while he's still a student, then the player is ineligible...yeah, there's nothing wrong with that?

y its hypocrisy at its finest. an athlete can sell anything else they own so why not their jersies/helmets/etc? if the university gives it to them, its legally theirs and they should be able to choose what they do with it

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm pretty sure they put new decals on each week any way, don't they? This would explain a new decal on the helmet.

Yes they would come through the locker room every Thursday night before the game shine the helmet and redecal it.

I know this because every Thursday I would take the stickers off my helmet so I would get new ones.

Also, to the poster who said these are probably practice helmets.. ISU uses the same helmet for both games and practice.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
A few years ago I built a home office in my basement and wanted a helmet to put in there. I wanted to just buy one from the athletic department and even talked to Jamie Pollard and he said they couldn't sell them because of liability issues. But he even referred me to one of the university lawyers in Beardshear and she told me the same thing. And I even seem to remember hearing they even cut them in half when they were done being useful.
Curt, did you get to keep your helmet after your senior season because way back when I don't think the players even got to keep their own.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
A few years ago I built a home office in my basement and wanted a helmet to put in there. I wanted to just buy one from the athletic department and even talked to Jamie Pollard and he said they couldn't sell them because of liability issues. But he even referred me to one of the university lawyers in Beardshear and she told me the same thing. And I even seem to remember hearing they even cut them in half when they were done being useful.
Curt, did you get to keep your helmet after your senior season because way back when I don't think the players even got to keep their own.

Yes my helmet is up on my fireplace mantle between my 2 framed Bowl game jerseys

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron