MLB: Hendry Wants to Give Cubs More Time Before Pulling Plug

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
The Cubs have not made any decisions on whether to try to dump players before the July 31 deadline, despite speculation that they're headed in that direction.

"It's no different than what I would have told you a month ago," general manager Jim Hendry said. "My main objective would be to see how we do by the end of July and also make logical decisions that help the ballclub for next year, too."

Many observers think any "logical decision" would include writing off the 2011 season and looking toward the future. But Hendry doesn't sound like the Cubs are ready to concede, and wants to give manager Mike Quade every chance to succeed.

Hendry will meet with his assistants next week at Wrigley Field to discuss their strategy as the trade deadline approaches next month. But it's not any different than what he does at this time of the season in any other year, except the Cubs are highly unlikely to be buyers at the deadline.

Still, Hendry believes the Cubs have enough talent on the roster to turn things around, and believes it can happen once the entire team is healthy.
Jim Hendry: Chicago Cubs still playing wait and see - chicagotribune.com

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I believe this is a step in the right direction. After this, all that's left is to pull the plug on the whole franchise.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Okay, we get it. You don't like the Cubs...

Wait how the Twins doing this year?

If you have any new smack talk about winning a WS in the past 100 years I'd love to hear it.

how bout you come talk to me the next time you win a WS.

edit: we also have a better record than you btw

Last edited:

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
And you can come talk to me the next time the twinks win a WS. :tongue:

haha i dont actually hate the White Sox because ozzie guillen has to be the most entertaining manager in baseball. im almost ****** myself after he kicked the cubs catchers mask

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
They have to a) get to the playoffs and b) not get beat out by the Yankees.....again.

And about that World Series business :wink:

A. Is possible in that division.
B. Probably.

And I can live with being in 2nd place on World Series business. No one is going to catch them for titles.

And you are a bandwagon fan. :wideeyed:

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Of course a world series joke, that's not overused at all!!

And oh wow, 32-42 compared to 31-44. A huge difference of margin!!

considering we were 20 games under 500 not that long ago we are actually playing a hell of a lot better than you right now. we are currently 15-5 this month which is one of the best records in baseball this month...you guys have just sucked in general