CPR on Rivals Homepage

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
"The days of counting Iowa State as an easy victory are gone" I like this.

Also, I see they have Jantz as the "projected starter." I know this means nothing but still interesting to see...

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Jantz will in fact start. But don't tell anybody as some peeps will try to spin it as inside information and want a premium for it. Nevertheless, Jantz IS the starter.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
(Huge nitpicks here:)

The image of CPR on the Rivals site is just bothering me for two reasons. First, the hat and the shirt are obviously different shades of red. Second, we can't spring for a fitted hat for our head coach?

Those things just contribute to the current "image" of ISU, at least I think.

Sorry for the irrelevance of these comments.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque

The image of CPR on the Rivals site is just bothering me for two reasons. First, the hat and the shirt are obviously different shades of red. Second, we can't spring for a fitted hat for our head coach?

Meh, it works for the vikings- their jerseys are bluish on tv, whilst their helmets are deep purple.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Meh, it works for the vikings- their jerseys are bluish on tv, whilst their helmets are deep purple.

Hell, the top of their jerseys is a different color than the bottom. It is all really the same color but a different material which reflects light in a different way. You might not even notice it in real life, but it shows up in pictures.

Example of your eye being tricked with shading and light:
Checker Shadow - Planet Perplex

ess108

Dec 13, 2010
Fairmont, WV
88? I know ISU is better than UAB who checks in at 86. Both teams were 3-5 in conference. You would think a big 12 team would get the nod over a conference USA team. ISU will prove them wrong.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

So you don't like his rally CAP?

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
88? I know ISU is better than UAB who checks in at 86. Both teams were 3-5 in conference. You would think a big 12 team would get the nod over a conference USA team. ISU will prove them wrong.

THIS!!!! No one wants our schedule and we compete in it! Other schools would get there ***** kicked and cry. We should be higher than some of these cheap conference schools. Hopefully we make more game now and then they cant use the OK game or Utah game as excuses.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
I agree 88 is low for ISU....if I were to throw out records, I'd put ISU as a team in the 60-70 territory....however, due to ISU's rough schedule, they may finish with a record comparable to the teams in the 80's.

I will say it is ridiculous to put UAB ahead of ISU....that decision seems chock full of terrible logic.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Jantz will in fact start. But don't tell anybody as some peeps will try to spin it as inside information and want a premium for it. Nevertheless, Jantz IS the starter.

I cant believe that no one else has asked this, but how exactly are you so sure of this? I'm not saying that he will or will not be just curious as how you seem to be so sure.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So, at 88, they ranked us lower than any other Big 12 school including Kansas?!!

Most predictions I've seen thus far at least have us finishing at #9 with Kansas a pretty universal last place.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
So, at 88, they ranked us lower than any other Big 12 school including Kansas?!!

Most predictions I've seen thus far at least have us finishing at #9 with Kansas a pretty universal last place.

Yeah, not to mention UAB among other schools. If they are ranking schools completely of the # of wins that they predict for 2011 this might make sense.