Stupid Poll for no reason

which state is the worst to drive in that touches Iowa?

• Nebraska

Votes: 112 77.2%
  • South Dakota

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Illinois

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Missouri

Votes: 17 11.7%

• Total voters

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I haven't started a stupid poll in awhile, so here is something for you people bored on a Friday.

Worst neighboring state of Iowa to drive through.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I haven't started a stupid poll in awhile, so here is something for you people bored on a Friday.

Worst neighboring state of Iowa to drive through.

This isn't even a contest. That God-forsaken wasteland people call Nebraska.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Nebraska, and it isn't even close.

Iowa isn't exactly a ball to drive across either, don't get me wrong. At least we have civilization at convenient 2 hour intervals though.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
haha dang it....you are all right it IS too easy. I'll think of a better poll in the future. We can also see if anyone finds something worse than Nebraska.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
nebraska nebraska nebraska. That drive to Cheyenne is BRUTAL!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Northern Minnesota is my fav. to drive through.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Nebraska is the most boring. Minnesota has the worst drivers.

AMEN TO THAT. I think they passed a state law up there that says "The left lane is for driving slowly with no regard to the world around you"

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Nebraska, only because Kansas doesn't touch Iowa.

Stupid buttholes. Why should I have to pay $9.25 to drive through your state? THERE'S NOTHING THERE!

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I drove non-stop from San Luis Obispo, CA to Ames in just over 18 hours with my cousin. The drive was great...until you pass Denver. Then its eastern CO and NE for a lifetime and a half. We had to stop and switch drivers every 2 hours because we couldn't take it anymore. I hate that state....

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Illinois has a stretch there heading to chicago which is a lot like Nebraska, but at least that dullness has an end. Nebraska keeps going and going and going and, well you get the idea!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Nebraska is the most boring. Minnesota has the worst drivers.

You have apparently never driven in Florida before. They have far and away the worst drivers I've encountered.

The craziest drivers are in Michigan, IMO. I've been passed on the shoulder on the interstate when I was going 15 over the speed limit.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Neb. used to be worse in my younger years when I had nothing to listen to but the radio. In Western Neb. you can't get a decent station.

I didn't know Minnesota had the worst drivers, and I live here! If you are referring to the fast lane problem, I think drivers in the metro area think that all the lanes are equal for speed. The slow guys in the left lane must think, "Hey, there are three lanes going faster than me on the right, so I guess the slow lane can be here."

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
As others have said, Nebraska by a mile. Kansas is kind of a watered-down Iowa...still at least has more civilization than Nebraska west of Lincoln.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
As others have said, Nebraska by a mile. Kansas is kind of a watered-down Iowa...still at least has more civilization than Nebraska west of Lincoln.

I'd call Kansas a watered down Nebraska. And not a whole lot of water at that. As we all know Iowa at least has rolling hills. Neb and Kan are flat, mindless, unending wastelands.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Nebraska is easy... 4 lanes fast speed limits and you usually don't have to interact with them (oh and 5.0 beer, right?)

My vote was for Mizzou. Tough to go N/S through Mizzo. E/W is easy but when leaving/arriving to Iowa, N/S is the main route. Besides, they 'think' they are southern. that is worse than being from the south.

-keep.

Last edited:

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I'd call Kansas a watered down Nebraska. And not a whole lot of water at that. As we all know Iowa at least has rolling hills. Neb and Kan are flat, mindless, unending wastelands.

Hmm, is it strange the constituents match the description of the landscape?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Western Kansas is one of the best scenic routes in the mid-west ... really it is.

- keep.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Western Kansas is one of the best scenic routes in the mid-west ... really it is.

- keep.

Southwest Kansas is a desert. No trees or rivers. The farthest southwest county which is large by the way doesn't have a single bridge.

And try driving down there at night. You have no depth preception. Everyone lives in a town so out in the middle of nowhere there aren't yard lights like you see around Iowa at night in the country.