WBB Recruiting: Malone has ISU in top 3

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
There aren't too many articles about ISU WBB recruiting, so this is definitely appreciated.

If there's no attrition and Vanloo decides to come to ISU, there are only three scholarships open for 2012 and Blaskowsky has one of them. If we've offered Malone, there probably aren't many other 2012 offers out there.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Is TCU in Big East basketball now? My guess is its between KSU and ISU because of the Big 12 factor. Interesting profile, can rebound at the rim and block a lot of shots, not the typical post player we have had at ISU. Hoopgurlz has her rated at 90.

Stacey Malone 2012 Women's Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

yes, nice to have a WBB article. Starting to go throw CF WBB withdrawal.

You need a start a a blog, TWB. I may agree or disagree with you, but always read your posts!

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
HoopGurlz ESPN HoopGurlz

F Stacey Malone fulfills goal of going Big 12: Stacey Malone 2012 Basketball Recruiting News - ESPN

Stacey Malone, a three-star forward from Tyler, Texas, has committed to Kansas State, according to her club program director, Al Coleman of Cy-Fair Nike Elite.

The 6-foot-1 Malone made her pledge while attending Kansas State's camp on Friday. She also considered and made unofficial visits to Iowa State and TCU.

"I committed because of the atmosphere of the campus," Malone said. "I spoke to players from three different sports and they all talked about how everyone there was like a family and that's what I was looking for. I love that these coaches are going to push me and to hopefully do great things!"

Malone, who plans to major in sports nutrition, averaged 9.1 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.1 blocks for Robert E. Lee (Midland, Texas).

"The Cy-Fair program is proud if Stacey and her decision to attend Kansas State," Coleman said in an email message. "She wanted to play in the Big 12 and Kansas State was the perfect fit for her."

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
HoopGurlz ESPN HoopGurlz

F Stacey Malone fulfills goal of going Big 12: Stacey Malone 2012 Basketball Recruiting News - ESPN

Stacey Malone, a three-star forward from Tyler, Texas, has committed to Kansas State, according to her club program director, Al Coleman of Cy-Fair Nike Elite.

The 6-foot-1 Malone made her pledge while attending Kansas State's camp on Friday. She also considered and made unofficial visits to Iowa State and TCU.

"I committed because of the atmosphere of the campus," Malone said. "I spoke to players from three different sports and they all talked about how everyone there was like a family and that's what I was looking for. I love that these coaches are going to push me and to hopefully do great things!"

Malone, who plans to major in sports nutrition, averaged 9.1 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.1 blocks for Robert E. Lee (Midland, Texas).

"The Cy-Fair program is proud if Stacey and her decision to attend Kansas State," Coleman said in an email message. "She wanted to play in the Big 12 and Kansas State was the perfect fit for her."

I guess it didn't matter to her that some gals are bolting from Manhatten because of certain "problems" with staff and team bonding!!! Oh well, like BF is so fond to say, he only is interested in the kids that want to be here!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron