Over/Under Passing yards in NE game

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll set it at 800.

Who's taking the over, and under for this? Keep in mind that last here there was 748 passing yards in the game, and both defenses are worse against the pass this year. This could be a real record breaker.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
all i know is that Nebraska will use short passes at us all day like they did last year. slowly chip away. If we stop that, Nebraska might not have much else

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This is an email I got from a Husker friend I have. he sent this in regards to the game on saturday when I asked his prediction. LOL.. he doesnt see hope.

"Callahan’s an idiot, though. He coaches college like he’s still in the NFL. Look at USC? He managed a game plan that had no chance of winning, but in the NFL it’s not big deal if you lose one game. He’s got that team focused on winning the Big 12 North, which is tunnel vision. Granted you have to take baby steps, but gee whiz, I don’t think he understands that five years ago, Nebraska was playing for national championships. Look at it this way, ISU beat Toldeo, who beat Kansas, who lost in OT to Nebraska. By some sort of mathematical theorem, ISU should beat NU…"

Jayson

Aug 8, 2006
Fort Dodge
www.bigredboard.com
This is an email I got from a Husker friend I have. he sent this in regards to the game on saturday when I asked his prediction. LOL.. he doesnt see hope.

"Callahan’s an idiot, though. He coaches college like he’s still in the NFL. Look at USC? He managed a game plan that had no chance of winning, but in the NFL it’s not big deal if you lose one game. He’s got that team focused on winning the Big 12 North, which is tunnel vision. Granted you have to take baby steps, but gee whiz, I don’t think he understands that five years ago, Nebraska was playing for national championships. Look at it this way, ISU beat Toldeo, who beat Kansas, who lost in OT to Nebraska. By some sort of mathematical theorem, ISU should beat NU…"

I see you're using the term "Husker friend" very loosely. Many who claim to be NU fans still have thier panties in a wad over the SoLush firing & no matter what Callahan & Pedersen do, it will not be enough.

A few points:
- Many who don't understand the game in general don't & won't understand the USC game plan.
- I don't think your friend understands that 5 years ago, NU was getting EMBARASSED in MNC games. The year after, when we were feeling the full effect of our drunken HC's negligence to matters of recruiting, we were 7-7.
- How much Ohio U gear does your buddy have in his wardrobe?
- Callahan's an idiot? Please. I wouldn't suprise me a bit if your friend is the guy in the stands yelling "Call plays that work!"

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Many who don't understand the game in general don't & won't understand the USC game plan.

I love how I've heard this from virtually every NU fan I know. I don't profess to know more about football that BC, nore do I doubt any NU fans knows more than he does. I guess from what I saw of that game, NU didn't give itself any chance to win the game and was never in it. Maybe I didn't understand the game plan, but I thought the point of the game was to win. That much has always been pretty simple to understand for my tiny, uninformed mind.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Nicholls State was trying the same gimmick against Nebraska - only 3 passes to run out the game and collect the $400k.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron