Confusion

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
What defines a "political" versus a "off-topic" thread?

Threads have been started on identical topics in both forums.

I started a thread on "smoking bans" in the political forum. Herbie started an Al Jazeera thread in the off topic forum. I'm not saying that the placement of either thread was correct but this is a confusing issue.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
What defines a "political" versus a "off-topic" thread?

Threads have been started on identical topics in both forums.

I started a thread on "smoking bans" in the political forum. Herbie started an Al Jazeera thread in the off topic forum. I'm not saying that the placement of either thread was correct but this is a confusing issue.

That is a good question. I would say if it a thread has a tendency to be debated by political sides it should be on the political board. If an off topic thread goes this way it will be moved. Other than that good luck picking the right forum.:notworthy:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I've been wondering about that too. It's really too bad that the political threads were taken off the front page. Some of the more lively and interesting discussions were politically related, and many of the comments were from people who no longer seem to weigh in.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've been wondering about that too. It's really too bad that the political threads were taken off the front page. Some of the more lively and interesting discussions were politically related, and many of the comments were from people who no longer seem to weigh in.

Personally, I never use the Front Page. I use the New Posts button and all new threads including the banished political ones show up.

Do many people only use the front page and not the new posts button?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Personally, I never use the Front Page. I use the New Posts button and all new threads including the banished political ones show up.

I just used the New Posts button for the first time. However, the banished political threads are not showing up.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I just used the New Posts button for the first time. However, the banished political threads are not showing up.

They show up only when there are new posts on a thread. If you have read them all they won't show there.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I never use anything but the main page. I better branch out so I can see the cave posts too.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I use the front page for my new posts because that's what the CF banner links to - in other words it's much easier and quicker to scroll up to and find the CF banner (link to the front page) than it is to scroll up and then have to hunt for the "New Posts" link.

However, when I start falling behind I'll actually troll through each forum to find the new posts - and that way it also keeps my mind on one subject (like I'm reading all football posts or Iowa posts, etc.)

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
This thread was just moved to the "In-State Rivals" forum. Does that mean that people that post in the political cave are now considered in-state rivals?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron