Stadium Expansion!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Although this topic has literally been beat to death, it is interesting to see JP direct 25 million to other areas besides the south endzone. Shows where our priorities are I guess.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Although this topic has literally been beat to death, it is interesting to see JP direct 25 million to other areas besides the south endzone. Shows where our priorities are I guess.

Its been known for awhile that functional things like the new football facility would come before things like the south endzone.

Id say with the videoboard in progress and the football training facility about to begin work, the south endzone is the next major project. Whether that is one or 5 (or more) years away depends on a lot of factors including revenue from future tv coming into the program (especially when the tier 1 deal renegotiates) and willingness of potential donors.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I haven't read all 2,000 of the previous posts on this subject. ISU will be receiving more money from the new TV agreement and maybe this will move things foreward. The other problem is that the stadium is not sold out today, so we may need to reduce the ticket prices in order to fill a larger stadium. The revenue/payback with the lower prices would be weaker but there would be some intangibles - larger fan base, better atmosphere, more prestige.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I haven't read all 2,000 of the previous posts on this subject. ISU will be receiving more money from the new TV agreement and maybe this will move things foreward. The other problem is that the stadium is not sold out today, so we may need to reduce the ticket prices in order to fill a larger stadium. The revenue/payback with the lower prices would be weaker but there would be some intangibles - larger fan base, better atmosphere, more prestige.

Its worth noting (as has been in prior threads.. so some here have heard this before) that bowling in, especially the lower level, isnt as much about expansion of seating capacity as it is about converting crappy grass seats (that a lot want nothing to do with when the grass gets cold and wet) into actual seats.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
i embrace your idea to lower ticket prices to improve attendance. more fans in the stadium is always a cash flow positive situation. if not immediately, eventually.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's been discussed before, but noone seemingly wants to do anything about it.

See, the thing is I'm sitting here with money dripping out my ****. I'm just waiting for an excuse to donate to.

If it wasn't for the ISU end zone, I'd be handing fistfulls of cash over to complete strangers.

vcl3

Jun 17, 2006
Des Moines
All I'm saying is they shouldn't bring it up and eventually not do anything. If they're going to expand, expand. Don't just talk and stop.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
It is a matter of a national recession and not having funding. Not talk and stop.
Send a check and ask for a timeline update!