LOST again

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Was sitting around this spring, feeling pretty disappointed with network TV. Last year I was pretty jacked about LOST so I decided to re-watch the final season. Just finished the last episode today.

At first, was mixed on the finale but it was much better the second time. Especially like the scenes of the "alternate" universe - very moving there at the end.

Man, I miss that show! Wish there was more...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
FYI, there is a new show coming in January from JJ Abrahms about Alcatraz that is starring Hurley. Apparently there is some mystery surrounding alcatraz and with some scifi elements.

We started going back through LOST again on netflix since they are all streaming now. Frustrating still.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jAlFqvASU]YouTube - ‪ALCATRAZ - First Look Trailer‬‏[/ame]

Reactions: CyDude16

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
FYI, there is a new show coming in January from JJ Abrahms about Alcatraz that is starring Hurley. Apparently there is some mystery surrounding alcatraz and with some scifi elements.

Do you know what channel that is airing on?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

We started going back through LOST again on netflix since they are all streaming now. Frustrating still.

I figured you had "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on loop in your house.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Don't know if this is morbid of me or not but I wish the writers would wrap up character story lines a little more. Obviously, they all died - hence the scene in the church. But since they all died at different times, just curious how and when.

How long did Kate and Sawyer live when they got back? And Hurley and Ben? The DVD episode, New Man in Charge, indicates that Hurley is ready to turn things over to Walt. Why? What happens to Hurley?

I wish they would wrap up those things.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Don't know if this is morbid of me or not but I wish the writers would wrap up character story lines a little more. Obviously, they all died - hence the scene in the church. But since they all died at different times, just curious how and when.

How long did Kate and Sawyer live when they got back? And Hurley and Ben? The DVD episode, New Man in Charge, indicates that Hurley is ready to turn things over to Walt. Why? What happens to Hurley?

I wish they would wrap up those things.

I may have to rewatch it, but I didn't understand it as turning things over to Walt as much as bringing Walt on board with Ben and Hurley. Would love to see where that went though.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
If you liked Lost and are looking for a replacement, check out Fringe, another JJ Abrams show...they just finished up Season 3 and IMO it is the best show on TV right now, the season 3 finale blew my mind. Netflix the first 3 seasons to catch up...it airs on FOX on Friday nights. Great, great show.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I was rewatching season 1 the other day... still teared up when Charlie almost died the first time and Jack was trying to revive him. Damn great series, even if the ending didn't settle well with some people.

I will have to give Fringe a shot sometime.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was rewatching season 1 the other day... still teared up when Charlie almost died the first time and Jack was trying to revive him. Damn great series, even if the ending didn't settle well with some people.

The character development in the first season of LOST was what made that first season so good. You actually cared about the characters.
Remember how you felt when you first saw Locke in the wheelchair?

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA

I think you'll enjoy Fringe, even though some of the episodes make your head hurt trying to figure out what just happened..its really well done. The key though is watching it from the beginning, that's why I suggest Netflix for the first two seasons...Similar to Lost, if you try to pick it up half way without watching the first episodes you'll have a hard time figuring out what's going on. You can also watch full episodes and read about it here:
http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Last edited: