Alexander Robinson interview on KXNO

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
KXNO just had an interview with Alexander Robinson.

And let me say WOW...the kid is a natural in front of the mic.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I just listend to it on the way into work and was going to post something similar. This is a kid that has his head screwed on straight and really wants to do whatever is best for his team. Loved the interview, even though it was Cotlar that was giving it.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
The first plus for me was that I could understand what he was saying and he was able to form complete sentances. We have had backs in the past who that wasn't so easy for.

He talked about splitting time with Scales and Bass and how they were great backs. He credited his offensive line with helping to run for all of those yards against Mizzou. And he talked about being patient and working hard every week.

It really wasn't something out of the ordinary for an interview with a player, but he sounded very honest and sincere, like he really meant what he was saying not just repeating coach speak.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe he just needed some more practice weeks to avoid fumbling. Nice to have three backs that can run the ball.

This ability to change up to three backs may help overcome the Red Zone Trauma.

JJ gets it to the 40 of ISU, Alexander gets the ball to the 20 of Them, and Scales runs it in....

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Maybe he just needed some more practice weeks to avoid fumbling. Nice to have three backs that can run the ball.

This ability to change up to three backs may help overcome the Red Zone Trauma.

JJ gets it to the 40 of ISU, Alexander gets the ball to the 20 of Them, and Scales runs it in....

I would let Alexander take it all the way to the house or at least to the 2 before bringing Scales in. Some of our worst red zone games were the ones with Scales as our only back. I do agree that Scales can be useful in short yardage situations though (as long as the OL blocks and we mix in some play action to fool the defense).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron