Shrimp on treadmills?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Tax dollars fund shrimp on treadmills, Jell-O wrestling in Antarctica - Washington Times

"testing shrimp’s exercise ability on a treadmill"

"In another case, the agency paid $559,681 to test sick shrimp’s metabolism, which one researcher said was “the first time that shrimp have been exercised on a treadmill.â€￾Mr. Coburn’s report noted that the researchers found sick shrimp “did not perform as well and did not recover as well from exercise as healthy shrimp.â€￾"

Last edited:

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Re: Shrimps on treadmills?

Shouldn't it be: "Shrimp on treadmills?"

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
18475-6645.gif

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Mr. Coburn’s report makes clear that the agency itself cracked down on some of the problems, including firing the organizer of the South Pole Jell-O wrestling event.
In a letter after his dismissal, the dismissed employee complained of “fun nazisâ€￾ who had clamped down on him.

I guess I fall into the "fun nazi" category then too as a taxpayer. What a moron.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
What if the sick shrimp were trying to fly a plane on these treadmills? Would they fly? Would healthy ones?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Where can I sign up for the South Pole Jell-O Wrestling? Sounds like a fun road trip.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
In one instance NSF employees, in their spare time, engaged in a Jell-O wrestling contest at the agency’s McMurdo research station at the South Pole.

Really? I'm supposed to be getting outraged for what they did in their spare time?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Really? I'm supposed to be getting outraged for what they did in their spare time?

Not really... until you see how what they are doing in their spare time is affecting what they are doing or rather not doing during their work time...

Mr. Coburn, in his report, said audits of NSF show it regularly fails to meet management goals. One 2005 audit found almost half of the reports the agency is required to file were submitted either late or not at all.

In any other field they would be cleaning house with employees not getting their work done but when it is funded by the taxpayers... they treat it like it is just free money and they don't care.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I'm cool with them jello wresting in their spare time if they aren't wasting $3 billion while on duty.

I was just making an observation about stupid anger points to have included.

OMG! Government officials drink beer on the weekends! That's why there's so much wasted spending!

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
I'm failing to see how something done in an employees "spare time" is considered wasting tax money. If they spent the time watching TV instead would that have been better?

To the point of the free time affecting their work, is there any proof of that or is that just a guess? Someone can be unproductive at work and it doesn't have to be because of what they did the night before.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I'm failing to see how something done in an employees "spare time" is considered wasting tax money. If they spent the time watching TV instead would that have been better?

To the point of the free time affecting their work, is there any proof of that or is that just a guess? Someone can be unproductive at work and it doesn't have to be because of what they did the night before.

Obviously they spent the entire next day eating the jello out of crevices instead of doing research.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY]YouTube - ‪Shrimp Running On A Treadmill With The Benny Hill Theme‬‏[/ame]

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA

<cough>cyclonefanatic.com<cough>